Running two different GPU in inside of one computer

xkicken

i currently have a GTX 1060 running 3 monitors off it, i am wondering if i can have two GPU, one running the main monitor and the other one running the 2 other monitor. since upgrade my GPU is out of my budget. and which GPU would be the best for running two monitor doing basic task like gmail, watching video, web browsing and the monitors are 1080p. 

There seems to be a misunderstanding as to the actual function of the GPU, why do you want to add a second different GPU exactly? Not to be harsh, but a second GPU won't simply increase your computers function or even graphic power.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

4 hours ago, xkicken said:

i currently have a GTX 1060 running 3 monitors off it, i am wondering if i can have two GPU, one running the main monitor and the other one running the 2 other monitor. since upgrade my GPU is out of my budget. and which GPU would be the best for running two monitor doing basic task like gmail, watching video, web browsing and the monitors are 1080p. 

You can run up to several monitors off a single GPU via display port.

You can also use displayport "hubs" like this:

https://www.primecables.ca/en/p-362176-cab-21970-4-port-displayport-12-to-displayport-multi-stream-transport-mst-hub-monoprice

So depending on the GPU, you can push X many DP ports.

However, and I say this from experience, A Geforce 1060 is not capable enough to push 4 1080p60 monitors. It is capable of pushing 3 1080p monitors (someone has this at the office) at 1080p60. 

Now if you split the GPU resources, eg put one monitor on the iGPU and two on the 1060, the iGPU operates independently. The way Windows multi-monitor works however (until build 1903), only the the GPU attached to the PRIMARY monitor will be used when games and applications start up. Some software can be told to use a different GPU, but it IS a problem with running multi-monitor.

With 1903, the system will now use whatever GPU is specified for the software or will use the best capable GPU by default. Even if you are running something on the iGPU.

This has unfortunate tradeoffs however, as this may cause GPU power being bled off from the main GPU to run software that is running on the iGPU.

I would recommend replacing the dedicated the GPU if you have your heart set on running all three monitors at all time. Otherwise you can just turn off the monitor on the iGPU to keep it from leeching performance from it. There is one benefit to having the iGPU enabled, and that it enables the iGPU's video acceleration/encoder. So you can actually watch video on that other monitor if you configure that video player (eg VLC/MPC-HC, etc) or encoder (eg OBS) to use it.