How We Make a Video in ONE Day

CPotter
2 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

I've grown to realize that almost every video of theirs will have a referral link, so I don't care about that anymore. I didn't watch those cause I'm not really interested (not buying a new laptop or a new gpu), but to each their own. 

yes they all have referral links but the difference is these videos where made specifically for the purpose of spamming a ton of referral links in the video, they weren't reviewing new hardware, they where rehashing existing data just as an excuse to make a video with referral links, I mean think about it, EVERY GPU Review compares it to other GPU's in that pricepoint (and other price points), so anyone shopping a pricepoint can simply look up a review of said card, so doing a "GPU Buyers Guide" serves absolutely zero purpose other then the referral links as basically every GPU review is a damn buyers guide and it's just the shear amount of video's this week that are just there for the sake of the referrals that are really turning me off of this channel.

20 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

yes they all have referral links but the difference is these videos where made specifically for the purpose of spamming a ton of referral links in the video, they weren't reviewing new hardware, they where rehashing existing data just as an excuse to make a video with referral links, I mean think about it, EVERY GPU Review compares it to other GPU's in that pricepoint (and other price points), so anyone shopping a pricepoint can simply look up a review of said card, so doing a "GPU Buyers Guide" serves absolutely zero purpose other then the referral links as basically every GPU review is a damn buyers guide and it's just the shear amount of video's this week that are just there for the sake of the referrals that are really turning me off of this channel.

I don't know if that was their sole intention or if it was them trying to get all the data into one place.

They stated that referral links make a sizeable portion of their income, iirc, so that's not out of the question. 

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

I don't know if that was their sole intention or if it was them trying to get all the data into one place.

They stated that referral links make a sizeable portion of their income, iirc, so that's not out of the question. 

whether it was their true intent or not thats sure what it feels like to someone thats watched basically every video from this channel since circa this video

and even remembers the ChannelSuperFun video where they raced drones around the empty warehouse that would one day become LMG's studio, back when the only thing in the place was the electric panel center or the chair race one they did their

so to say i've been following LTT for a while would be an understatement. Hell they are what got me back into PC hardware and led me to learn far more about parts then I ever knew when I was young and building PC's several years before Youtube even existed.

Okay, I don't like how this video didn't have sponsored in the title. Whereas on Floatplane they do, seems like Floatplane users have that choice of avoiding no doubt because they're paying a fee for content and don't want to watch ads, whereas the youtube plebs even though I pay for YouTube red am not being informed what is an Ad on the channel or not until I've clicked it. That tells me more about the content right there, the fact that Floatplane users seem to have this allowance of skippability whereas youtube users are no doubt baited. Like, there was a decision at a higher level here to go, Put this as ponsored, this as non-sponsored until they click the video and we get that click/view.

You had me for about a minute, so the retention was there and Monday.com was blasted in my face.

SNJQ5Dt.png

You guys could do really well with this in just reviewing the Monday.com platform, if you use it like you say you use it, then do it in a normal LTT way, obviously since it's being used by you, an endorsement from you goes a long way rather than this obviously planned skit video. LTT sells content, I know what you guys do I know your workflow and I know how hard it is, instead I got a video of Riley going across the internet taking in all the news possible firing them into a doc and calling it job done, like, wow great.

I'm really interested in mangers like this for in work, it's a big factor of my job to review platforms like this and see if we could be doing things better. This "different feeling" to everything else that you guys produce content doesn't sell me on it. It tells me that you are either hiding something or doing it for the dollar rather than being straight up.

Which I get, you have to do. Maybe it isn't selling to me, but your audience having someone like me in it, which I feel is trying to sell to me, I mean it's a bunch of gamers, kids and enthuiests right? Who has the power in their workplace to change project management platforms, not many. If you want to keep doing this type of content, fair enough, let me know so I can skip it, else simply put I'm not a fan of being snaked like this so I will stop watching.

Really, these videos just aren't my cup of tea, so I do skip over them. It seems obvious if I want to do that, I need to shell out for floatplane to do so. Maybe I'm the only one on this, but the number of times I've felt like this watching a video is only increasing, and I know you've had posts like mine on multiple videos before but it feels like either no one is listening or no one cares. You've got a ton of staff members and need to pay the bills. Somehow that's our fault and we now need to skip videos of yours we feel will be ads because you aren't telling us in the title.

Edit: More Info:

I also seen from the comments, you guys don't even use this!!!

Kq48AZb.png

This clearly shows you're using the trial version. WTF. Why!!!

I've been blatently lied to. I don't like this at all. Can we get some response to this?

Out of curiosity, he mentions news aggregator sites at the beginning where he pulls all of the news from.  Does anyone know of some good ones or which one LMG uses?

Also, what kind of teleprompter setup do they use?

Yeah I noticed @ 8:53 in the video that Monday.com is running on the trial period, haha they didn't even get a paid-for account they could use for the video. I came to this thread just to see if anybody else noticed it too. Pretty funny.

Love you LTT and the video was okay until I realized that this platform isn't actually part of your guys' workflow. Makes the whole video very corny and setup in retrospect.

• 5 months later...

Garbage, they should state that they don't actually use monday.com on a daily basis, considering you can see in the video they are on the free trial... Recently they have been going to far in my opinion.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, Powarusuki said:

Yeah I noticed @ 8:53 in the video that Monday.com is running on the trial period, haha they didn't even get a paid-for account they could use for the video. I came to this thread just to see if anybody else noticed it too. Pretty funny.

Love you LTT and the video was okay until I realized that this platform isn't actually part of your guys' workflow. Makes the whole video very corny and setup in retrospect.

I noticed too

• 3 years later...

they put that in your face and you have to suck it. wise words indeed

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!