Psu voltages monitoring

Marko_91

Hi. Im suspecting that my PSU is having problems (its 10 years old). 
Could someone help me, by telling me if those voltages are normal or not. Im running witcher 3 in backgroud, trying to stress my configuration.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

11 minutes ago, Marko_91 said:

suspecting that my PSU is having problems (its 10 years old).

Then swap the PSU....... Or take out other variables like GPU, mobo and. 

Hardware monitor tells us nothing about the state of the PSU.

20 minutes ago, Marko_91 said:

Hi. Im suspecting that my PSU is having problems (its 10 years old). 

Then replace your PSU. 

So 2 things here. First off, if your PSU is old and you're having problems, replace ASAP since the problems will get worse not better. You can find good, cheap ones depending on your build (if you give us your country and build specs we can help you get one cheap).

Second off, don't give a ton of trust to HWInfo's voltage readers. Sometimes motherboards don't support readings for the voltage rails or they're improperly configured and I remember HWInfo reading 8V on my 12V rail once in my computer.

Though those voltage readings are normal (the 12V is a little low but not a lot), that's not the only way a PSU can give problems. It depends what's going on whether you should replace ASAP or can put it off a bit.

By the way @jonnyGURU is a PSU expert, literally. He runs a website that reviews them and knows them like the palm of his hand. You can definitely trust him.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I will, when i get money. My budged dont allow me right now, that why im asking help from you guys.

Gpu never uses its full potentional, always stay this low. I tryied everything, changing paste for cpu, reinstalling all cables and components. Defragd hdd, tested ram on memtest. Im going crazy... 

System: 

B450 tomahawk

Ryzen 2600

GTX 1070

Ripjaws 16 gb 3200mh cl 16

HDD With 90% health after defragd (before it it was 70%)

I dont know what could be cause of so low fps

I tryied with rx 580 8gb, same problem

Then i tryied with gt 1030 (which is lower power consumtion), and it worked normaly. Without sudden fps drops, fps is more stable.

And yes, i will get new psu asap, withing first money i get (ssd too).
I would just like to know if this could be due to old/bad PSU?

Untitled3.png

EDIT: What I am actualy am worried about, could psu be reason to this problem? Im scared if it doesnt fix with new psu...

EDIT2: I've also noticed my ryzen 5 2600 drop on moments to 2840 ghz... Im not sure if this is normal and has anything to do with psu?

3 minutes ago, Marko_91 said:

snip

I think I know what's going on. The Witcher 3 is a very CPU heavy game when you're running around the big cities like Novigrad, so it's normal that you don't get 100% utilization since you're on 1080p. Were you able to run Witcher 3 with better performance before?

Tell you what, let's rule out CPU utilization. Download Heaven Benchmark, run it for 2 or 3 passes and monitor GPU usage. Then show us the benchmark score window and we'll compare it to the usual scores. If you get worse scores then we can look at other things. Otherwise, lowering CPU heavy settings like game detail will help.

What model is your PSU though? Even if the frame drops are unrelated, low-end old PSUs are still bound to give you trouble. Depending on the model we can tell you whether or not it can still hold up.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

No mate, it was running normaly on this settings, minimum fps in big cities was 70 fps. Im playing at 1080p, not even all maxed out, medium-high settings. Now its for some reason in every game lower, few days ago back since its like this. In every game. Psu is m620 cooler master. 

19 hours ago, Marko_91 said:

I will, when i get money. My budged dont allow me right now, that why im asking help from you guys.

Gpu never uses its full potentional, always stay this low. I tryied everything, changing paste for cpu, reinstalling all cables and components. Defragd hdd, tested ram on memtest. Im going crazy... 

System: 

B450 tomahawk

Ryzen 2600

GTX 1070

Ripjaws 16 gb 3200mh cl 16

HDD With 90% health after defragd (before it it was 70%)

I dont know what could be cause of so low fps

I tryied with rx 580 8gb, same problem

Then i tryied with gt 1030 (which is lower power consumtion), and it worked normaly. Without sudden fps drops, fps is more stable.

And yes, i will get new psu asap, withing first money i get (ssd too).
I would just like to know if this could be due to old/bad PSU?

Untitled3.png

EDIT: What I am actualy am worried about, could psu be reason to this problem? Im scared if it doesnt fix with new psu...

EDIT2: I've also noticed my ryzen 5 2600 drop on moments to 2840 ghz... Im not sure if this is normal and has anything to do with psu?

EDIT3: Im not using over 1080p, and not maximum settings (medium -high, some even low). Few days ago everything worked perfectly. Now in all games its like this. Fps shuttering. 

Could anyone tell me if cause of this problem can be psu?

Theoretically, a shit PSU with low output voltages will cause the graphics card to overheat and throttle because the VRMs on the graphics card have to work harder to regulate the voltage to what it needs to operate properly.