HP ProLiant ML110 G7 SATA controllers

Hi!

I recently purchased a HP ProLiant ML110 G7 server. It has two SATA controllers as far as I understand, where the 4 drive bays in the front are connected to one controller, and the SATA connectors on the motherboard is connected to a second controller. I have a Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD plugged in to the motherboard, and two 1TB HDDs in the front drive bay. What I would like to do is to run the two 1TB HDDs in raid 1, and run Windows 10 Pro from the SSD, but I'm not sure how to do it.

In the BIOS I have the option to select controller mode; Legacy, AHCI or RAID. When selecting legacy mode I also have the option to select which controller it is going to boot from, so I can select controller #2 to boot from and get into Windows without problems. The other drives will show up in Windows. But when switching to raid I no longer see any option to select which controller to boot from. All drives still show up during boot and in the B110i raid menu, but the system will no longer find a drive to boot from as the HDDs are there only for storage, no OS. After some research on different forums I still can't find a clear answer.

Thanks for any suggestions!

CPU: Intel i5-9600k @ 4.9GHz Cooling Noctua NH-D14 Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC PSU: Corsair TX650M SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB SSD (NVMe M.2) + Samsung 870 EVO SSD 2TB + Samsung 850 Evo 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 Case: SilverStone Redline Series RL06 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Display: Samsung 34" SJ55W Series S34J550WQU Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S Sound: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019 Black Joystick: Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara edition Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 Shifter: Thrustmaster TH8A