Can I copy Windows 10 System Files from one drive to another?

I currently have Windows 10 installed (& activated) on my Crucial MX500 2.5 SATA SSD. It takes a bit more than I'd like to boot, so I've been thinking of getting a 250GB M.2 SSD with higher speeds for faster boot. The thing is, though, I don't know if I'll be able to move the Windows 10 system files from my current SSD to the new one whenever I get it. So, is that possible? Or will I have to re-install and re-purchase Windows 10 for my new M.2 drive? Thanks!

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

It can be done using specialized software such as Paragon Disk Manager, but most likely you won't notice an improvement.

I'd suggest you uninstall unused programs or clean install Windows on your current SSD.

If you have Microsoft account associated with your device the license will transfer upon login. Otherwise you just activate it with the old license key.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

1 hour ago, Mr.Humble said:

I'd suggest you uninstall unused programs or clean install Windows on your current SSD.

It's a new build, so the drive isn't that cramped to start with. Freeing it up of the few things it has or re-installing Windows won't help.

1 hour ago, Mr.Humble said:

but most likely you won't notice an improvement.

The one I currently have has speeds of 550 Read and Write. If I bought an M.2, the one I'll buy would be 3000 Read 1700 Write or something of that sort. Hopefully, there will be a noticeable improvement.

The truth is, I don't plan on buying an M.2 anytime soon. I just said so to cut straight to the point to know if moving system files across drives is possible. I'm fine with its current boot time, but I asked in case I get an M.2 in the future. Thanks for your help! ❤️ 

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

4 minutes ago, Deathtroya said:

the one I'll buy would be 3000 Read 1700 Write

Those are sequential numbers which play very little role in system load times. Random performance of NVMe SSDs is often only slightly better than of SATA SSDs.

7 minutes ago, Deathtroya said:

Thanks for your help! ❤️

No problem! Hopefully you'll be happy with your new SSD when you get it ;)

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3