adittion to the video "How to Browse the Internet Anonymously"

exalt

I saw the video and i thought i'd add some extra information.

0) Use noscript instead of manually disabling all Javascript.

1) There are VPN providers that do not require identifing information about you like the VPN provider mulvad.

2) you can use OpenVPN configs to connect to most VPN providers in there its possible to tweak some of the settings

3) In the config you configure the VPN to use tor to connect to the VPN for example,

4) You can use cloudflared to configure your DNS request to go over HTTPS through the tor proxy to have DNS go initially over tor also.

This setup prevents even your ISP to see that you are using a VPN, and makes websites like expedia not blocking you because they do not see TOR.

This setup makes it realy hard to track the user behind the connection, even for law enforcement.

Advanced trackers are able to identify you by the way you move your mouse, click your mouse and type, use texteditors and copypaste to type your way around the internet

that was all =)

Everything gets decrypted at the end, regardless of what vpn or browser you use.

If someone really cares about privacy they would not use the internet at all.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Everything gets decrypted at the end, regardless of what vpn or browser you use.

If someone really cares about privacy they would not use the internet at all.

Exactly. The internet is after all 2 way communication, you send information onto it wether you like it or not. If you just want to receive go watch TV.

20 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Exactly. The internet is after all 2 way communication, you send information onto it wether you like it or not. If you just want to receive go watch TV.

Exactly the protection i added is to make sure the communication stays between the two parties and prevents a third party from evesdropping in between. Also it makes it alot harder to identify the party behind the masked connection. If you truly wanna be anonymous you should go offgrid indeed but that's another topic.

I think that's going a bit over the top

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒