Need Help Deciding on A Laptop

Hey everyone!

I'm going back to school in a few days and I want to pick up a laptop to use through the year and when out on vacation. Tasks I'll be doing for my Sophomore year include things like writing in google docs, or taking online courses all the way to being my main gaming driver when on vacation and during downtime at school. I'm selling my old Razer laptop since it was massive and bulky. In my research I came across two options I like for a replacement. One of these being the Razer Blade Stealth and the other being the Asus ROG ROG Zephyrus G. Now, the Razer Blade Stealth only has an MX150 while the Zephyrus G has a 1660ti Max Q. 

My main point of issue is that I'm not sure whether I should go with the bigger and heavier ROG laptop for performance. (Keep in mind, I didn't like my last laptop because of it's bulk.) Or if I should sacrifice that and go with the much lighter and thinner design, as well as the much superior build quality. 

Any tips or help would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

I dont know what your budget is. I honestly like both laptops you posted. This MSI laptop is a nice choice as well. Looking through bestbuy isnt a bad option, as they have student deals where if something is on sale, and says students get X amount off, you get that off of the sale price as well. So this normally $1999.99 laptop that is on sale at $1699.99 you can get another hundred off for being a student.

If it were me personally, I would go more towards the route of slim and light, after all you already said that you sold your Razer laptop because of the bulky build. You'll be carrying it around for classes as well.

32 minutes ago, XxAssassin207xx said:

Hey everyone!

I'm going back to school in a few days and I want to pick up a laptop to use through the year and when out on vacation. Tasks I'll be doing for my Sophomore year include things like writing in google docs, or taking online courses all the way to being my main gaming driver when on vacation and during downtime at school. I'm selling my old Razer laptop since it was massive and bulky. In my research I came across two options I like for a replacement. One of these being the Razer Blade Stealth and the other being the Asus ROG ROG Zephyrus G. Now, the Razer Blade Stealth only has an MX150 while the Zephyrus G has a 1660ti Max Q. 

My main point of issue is that I'm not sure whether I should go with the bigger and heavier ROG laptop for performance. (Keep in mind, I didn't like my last laptop because of it's bulk.) Or if I should sacrifice that and go with the much lighter and thinner design, as well as the much superior build quality. 

Any tips or help would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

The Blade Stealth has multiple severe problems with noise, thermals, electrical components, internal PCB build quality, QC/QA and, on top of that, Razer support is next to useless. I'd strongly suggest avoiding the Blade