CBS.Log fix help

Sam Joseph

So my PC has been acting funny recently and I have no idea why. I've factory reset and clean installed and the problems (games crashing. "Aww snap" chrome error every once in a while) keep happening. I traced the issue to possibly my system32 being buggy, and I tried the sfc/scannow command but it gave me "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I'll put the CBS.log in to give the most detail I can to fix the issue, but I'm lost after that. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance if I personally forget to do so!

CBS.log

that log file show many corrupted and mismatched. I suggest do a complete format reinstall and download the ISO from Microsoft website.

Any BSOD? I suspect your RAM got problem as well, try check with Memtest.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

that log file show many corrupted and mismatched. I suggest do a complete format reinstall and download the ISO from Microsoft website.

Any BSOD? I suspect your RAM got problem as well, try check with Memtest.

So you're saying clean installing from a Media Creation USB won't do the trick (as it's what I used to clean install Windows 10)?, I did get "Memory_Managment" BSOD a couple times yesterday and the day before that, so I'll take a look at my RAM.

3 minutes ago, Sam Joseph said:

I did get "Memory_Managment" BSOD a couple times yesterday and the day before that, so I'll take a look at my RAM.

Most probably RAM related and that causing your files to get corrupted, format again after you change it to new one if that was the problem.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

34 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Most probably RAM related and that causing your files to get corrupted, format again after you change it to new one if that was the problem.

I ran through Widows Memory Diagnostic tool and turns out it was the RAM indeed. But the RAM is brand new (give or take a few weeks), what could I have done to already ruin it enough to cause such problems? Can you damage RAM with software issues? Or did I just put it in wrong somehow? I've attached screenshot results to to this reply.

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Try remove one stick and run memory test again. 

I don't think software can cause it unless you overvoltage it.