If I have four SATA 6 Gbps SSDs, what's faster?

If I have four SATA 6 Gbps SSDs, what's faster:

Option 1: Put all four SSDs into a stripped zpool using ZFS on Linux/CentOS, on a head node, and exporting that ZFS pool over NFS over RDMA?

Option 2: Put all four SSDs into a stripped RAID array using XFS, on a head node, and exporting that RAID array over NFS over RDMA?

Option 3: Put one SSD into each of my compute nodes (four nodes in total), and format that as either ZFS or XFS (or ext4), and then use GlusterFS over RDMA?

I am looking for maximum usable capacity and speed.

Thank you.

IB >>> ETH

16 minutes ago, alpha754293 said:

Option 2: Put all four SSDs into a stripped RAID array using XFS, on a head node, and exporting that RAID array over NFS over RDMA?

Probably this one, it has more across the board performance than ZFS does for all SSD, at least for striping anyway.

14 hours ago, leadeater said:

Probably this one, it has more across the board performance than ZFS does for all SSD, at least for striping anyway.

Thank you.

So....GlusterFS (even over RDMA) isn't faster than XFS exported over NFS over RDMA?

Interesting. Thank you for your feedback.

(I was playing around with it/testing it with virtualised hosts, without the RDMA, so my results were inconclusive. I'm going try it again tonight on my compute nodes with RDMA to see if the RAM drives would be able to work faster. The thing that I might have stumbled acrossed through is that it looks like that GlusterFS doesn't allow me to create a distributed dispersed volume across the RAM drives (albeit understandably so), which effectively and functionally reduces the test down to how fast GlusterFS can write a file to RAM vs. the local system.)

# for i in `seq -w 1 4`; dd if=/dev/zero of=10Gfile$1 bs=1024k count=10240; done

IB >>> ETH