18.04 LTS or 19.04

Go to solution Solved by Gerowen,

19.04 is fine.  18.04's package versions, including the kernel, are getting pretty old.  If you're using the machine for personal use like you said, I'd go with the newest point release available and upgrade whenever a new version is released because it gives you more frequent updates.  I built a PC for my sister-in-law recently and she had some odd behavior with certain hardware when it ran 18.04.  Upgrading it to 19.04 fixed all of her issues.  I know that's anecdotal and doesn't represent what experience you might have, but unless it's a server or something where long term stability is more important, I tend to go with the latest stable version of whatever distribution I'm using for that project.

My PC will be mainly use for gaming and browsing, there will be some light video/photo editing. I was planning on using Manjaro because i already use 1 but i think i want to try Ubuntu or something that is ubuntu base any reccomendation and tell me the difference between 18.04LTS/19.04

2 minutes ago, Oalei said:

My PC will be mainly use for gaming and browsing, there will be some light video/photo editing. I was planning on using Manjaro because i already use 1 but i think i want to try Ubuntu or something that is ubuntu base any reccomendation and tell me the difference between 18.04LTS/19.04

So first off stay with Manjaro or go with a Ubuntu based never Ubuntu itself. Second off Pop!_OS is my recommendation. Thirdly 19.04 fixes tons of 18.04 bugs, slight UI upgrade, better stability, and iirc some better built in security. Pop!_OS 19.04 has that with some added bonuses for gaming and general use, while Linux Mint has more UI upgrades and security patches (iirc)

1 minute ago, SafyreLyons-5LT said:

So first off stay with Manjaro or go with a Ubuntu based never Ubuntu itself. Second off Pop!_OS is my recommendation. Thirdly 19.04 fixes tons of 18.04 bugs, slight UI upgrade, better stability, and iirc some better built in security. Pop!_OS 19.04 has that with some added bonuses for gaming and general use, while Linux Mint has more UI upgrades and security patches (iirc)

i geuss i will go Pop!_OS because its more stable and it will be mainly for gaming anyway, anything else i will use my laptop as it is currently is fine anyway.

Ubuntu is perfectly fine first off.

Secondly Pop!_OS is also pretty good.

Back to your original question of 18.04 LTS or 19.04: The LTS will be very stable but may have older packages. Some of those can be negated because of Snaps or Flatpacks. 19.04 will have more of the newer packages in the repos for the system as a whole, but it only has 9 months of support and meant as an interim release (along with 19.10) before the next LTS of 20.04 releases in April of 2020. Personally I've found 19.04 to be very stable and without issue, and so it's possible this will work for you regardless of choosing Ubuntu proper or one of it's respins like Pop!_OS (as it too has the 18.04 LTS and 19.04 builds) I think 19.04 will be the way to go.

For the screen is blue and full of errors.