Ryzen 3750H Stuck at 400MHz

• 2 weeks later...

**You guys would not believe the ridiculous time I have had with this fuckin GA502DU. It was so bad that I had to create an account to tell everyone else, so this will be my first post.

Absolute piece of shit worst computer I have ever owned. I have created PC's out of scrap parts that were more stable.

I have owned 3 different units of the same model. The first two had bad fans which rattled and were unable to keep the CPU at an optimal temperature.

And the one I am currently using to type this post has the problem everyone else has. I can be playing god damn tetris and this shit will drop to 0.39 ghz sporadically.

Luckily I was able to exchange them all at best buy despite how tedious it was to do over the holidays.

However, it is not best buy's fault. I am certain that the fault lies with ASUS. I would even want to say some of the blame lays with AMD and the faulty chip and firmware itself, but even the first two models of this PC were plagued with fan issues. And every ASUS rep spouts the same bullshit. I have put in 3 case tickets regarding all three of these laptops, but gave up the first two times due to frustration and fear of not being able to return the device without compensation.

I have wasted hours of my time driving back and forth to the store to exchange this thing, and precious gasoline in my car which is honestly worth more to me now than this laptop itself.

I had 1 ticket "escalated" for the bad fans, and was never contacted again.

I had this latest ticket for the clock speed issue "escalated" but I am sure I will not be contacted. Their customer service is appalling and their product malfunctioned 3 out of 3 times. I spoke to two supervisors who told me to return the PC to best buy again, or to put in an RMA and wait a minimum of 14 business days for them to tell me they couldn't fix it.

This laptop has costed me money in gasoline and extra shipping fees three separate times.

Please message me regarding details of a class action lawsuit if anybody is willing to seriously go through with it.

Whatever you do. DO NOT BUY THE ASUS GA502DU. With or without an AMD processor. This machine, is garbage!

• 3 months later...
On 8/18/2019 at 1:25 AM, Squilliam said:

I have a new Asus Zephyrus laptop with the Ryzen 3750H.

It keeps setting itself to 400MHz or .39 GHz to be exact. 

It doesn't matter if the laptop is on battery or plugged in.

It doesn't matter what power plan it is on.

The only thing that resets the frequency is to reboot the machine.

Within a few minutes, it ends up permanently downclocking itself again.

I installed the new BIOS that was released 2 days ago. It's still not fixed. 

The laptop is not overheating. It doesn't have to even be doing a difficult task.

Hi!. I used to have the exact same problem on my laptop!. I solved it installing the armoury crate app. You can download it from the asus driver`s website!.

I hope it can solve your problem too.

Sorry for my English.

I did that too but sometimes i think you wont get smooth fps, its like 120 suddenly it goes to 60 or 70 and it goes back to 120, its not graphics fault cuz it is powerfull and it can keep fram rates to 120

On 4/7/2020 at 5:48 AM, Marcosp96 said:

Hi!. I used to have the exact same problem on my laptop!. I solved it installing the armoury crate app. You can download it from the asus driver`s website!.

I hope it can solve your problem too.

Sorry for my English.

do you have this problem or not

Ok, So i created an account here cuz i found a poor, but working fix.  Works for me, cross your fingers it works for you.

Good Part is it's easy.

Open the task manager, Click on Open Resourse Manager.  I've not had the throttling issue for over an hour sitting at my desktop watching the Processor Not Drop.  I tested 30 min Maximized and 30 min Minimized, perhaps for some reason the Resource manager keeps it from throttling.

EDIT: sadly the throttle did kick in after 2hrs.  :(

Edited by gmlecarre
update

Hello guys!

i'm french (sorry for my english) and i'm in the same situation like you, same laptop, same crazy shit.

I tried everything to fix this Ryzen 7 3750h problem (drivers, bios v300, ryzen controller etc...) and today i found this software https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

With this software you can make all your core cpu working and (the most interresting setting) you can disable the CPU frequency variation. in this way it's always at same frequency and cannot drop everytime.

I tried with fallout 4 ultra settings (with lots of graphic mods) and with armory crate (manual settings fan at 50%) 

As you know maybe, optimisation of this game is very baaaaaaaad.

I played 1 hour and no problem when the cpu is up to 80-90° (at this temperature normaly it's dropping)

So i think i solved the problem.

Let me know if it's working for you. I will let you know in couple of days if everything is ok for me

have a nice week end!

On 4/19/2020 at 7:50 AM, Alexis76 said:

Hello guys!

i'm french (sorry for my english) and i'm in the same situation like you, same laptop, same crazy shit.

I tried everything to fix this Ryzen 7 3750h problem (drivers, bios v300, ryzen controller etc...) and today i found this software https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

With this software you can make all your core cpu working and (the most interresting setting) you can disable the CPU frequency variation. in this way it's always at same frequency and cannot drop everytime.

I tried with fallout 4 ultra settings (with lots of graphic mods) and with armory crate (manual settings fan at 50%) 

As you know maybe, optimisation of this game is very baaaaaaaad.

I played 1 hour and no problem when the cpu is up to 80-90° (at this temperature normaly it's dropping)

So i think i solved the problem.

Let me know if it's working for you. I will let you know in couple of days if everything is ok for me

have a nice week end!

Thanks for the comment, could you share your Park Control settings?

Hello guys,

Unfortunatly CPU stuck came back again even with Park control settings, CPU can not go up 80°C. I have no solution except using armory crate turbo mod to have the real CPU working well  but it's very noisy (benchmark superposition result = 9632). Other option is to use armory crate with manual mode at 50-60% fans  and use Ryzen controller with 79°C max (benchmark superposition=8024). For me it's working and i can play fallout with high setup without crazy fans noises but we can not use CPU at max!

If someone has better solution please share it ;)

Keep in touch

TURBO.png

manuel 60.png

• 8 months later...

Hello. I am late to the party but I have solved this issue.

This is how I did it. I am not sure if every step is necessary, this is just my experience.
(Windows 20h2 - Bios 304)

You will be restarting the system after every step.

Step 1: Uninstall Armoury Crate
(https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/)

Step 2: Go to device manager (Win+X then M)
Go to Processors
Right click on AMD Ryzen 7 3750h xxxxx
Uninstall device

Step 3: At this point I unplugged all my peripherals to ensure nothing was messing with install.

Install Asus system control interface V2
(https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2/ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2_ASUS_Z_V2.2.33.0_12974.exe)

Step 4: Install Armoury Crate Service
(https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GU502DU/ArmouryCrateService_Z_V3.0.5.zip)

Step 5: At this point I was finally able to run and install Armoury Crate & AURA Creator installer. (https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/ArmouryCrateService/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip)

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

So I have been having the same problem as you guys did with my ASUS TUF FX505DV, Ryzen 3750H. I've been playing Valhiem and periodically, I would dropp to .39 mhz. After careful monitoring, it's actually bad thermals. I noticed my temps were about 89°c, but the game is single threaded so 1 core was working a lot harder then the rest. Eventually it tripped the thermal protection at 104°c, then after downclocking to .39 mhz to recover, comes back to full speed. I took my laptop apart and re-applied the thermal past. Now it hits 98°c but no stutter or drops to .39 mhz. 

On 2/24/2021 at 7:19 PM, KraZy Cosmo said:

So I have been having the same problem as you guys did with my ASUS TUF FX505DV, Ryzen 3750H. I've been playing Valhiem and periodically, I would dropp to .39 mhz. After careful monitoring, it's actually bad thermals. I noticed my temps were about 89°c, but the game is single threaded so 1 core was working a lot harder then the rest. Eventually it tripped the thermal protection at 104°c, then after downclocking to .39 mhz to recover, comes back to full speed. I took my laptop apart and re-applied the thermal past. Now it hits 98°c but no stutter or drops to .39 mhz. 

Hi! Did you apply thermal paste or liquid metal?

this issue just started with me too but there are some differences i have asus fx705dy with ryzen 5 3550h and rx560x while gaming the clock does drops too 400 mhz but only for few seconds and after that its back too normal so i dont know if its the same issue or not but if anyone fixed it pls let me know 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:19 PM, mussifer said:

Hi! Did you apply thermal paste or liquid metal?

It was thermal paste and I couldn't even find my good one too. I was my emergency, cheap brand, Insignia. It didn't stutter for 2 days, then it was back again. Happens most often when things are loading, it puts that extra load on one of my cores, it hits TJMax while the other cores hover in the low 90's, then the whole chip throttles to .39GHZ while it recovers.