5700XT vs 2070 SUPER

Greenish

Hey Guys,

I was interested in buying a new GPU but I don't know what I should get. I use NVidia Shadowplay alot and I don't know any good alternatives that minimally affect performance and record in 2 audio tracks. I know OBS is Free but I don't have seperate audio tracks, I know Bandicam (I have a license) records in 2 Audio Tracks but it has a noticeable impact on the FPS.

In terms of the GPU themselves, I don't really want to wait for the other NAVI GPU's with decent coolers and possibly better pricing. I only really play Overwatch properly, I play at 1080p 240FPS (on low settings) and any other games that aren't FPS or Competitive, I am fine to run at 144ish on Max settings. By the looks of it they both perform similar, but the 5700XT is cheaper, however doesn't have Shadowplay.

Thanks,

Oliver

idk tbh

Look into AMD's version of ShadowPlay, ReLive. Seems to have a lot of similar features.

Also, take a look at OBS. I think there's a way it can be configured to record a file with two separate tracks. You may need an editor that supports .flv files if I remember correctly.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 9 5900X, ASUS TUF RTX 4080

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3600MHz, ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

1 minute ago, ajaxburger said:

Look into AMD's version of ShadowPlay, ReLive. Seems to have a lot of similar features.

Also, take a look at OBS. I think there's a way it can be configured to record a file with two separate tracks. You may need an editor that supports .flv files if I remember correctly.

From my experience of VOD's you can change the file format to MP4. I will certainly take a look into that.

idk tbh

You can have separate audio tracks with OBS. 

The x264 GPU encoder on the RX5700XT is a lot worse than the NVENC on the GTX2070Super. 

The difference in quality is huge. 

If that's your priority, definitely grab the 2070Super unless you can record with CPU x264. 

That said, x265 GPU encoder on the RX5700XT is one of the best and fastest one but I don't think you can use it for gameplay capture. 

18 hours ago, WereCat said:

You can have separate audio tracks with OBS. 

The x264 GPU encoder on the RX5700XT is a lot worse than the NVENC on the GTX2070Super. 

The difference in quality is huge. 

If that's your priority, definitely grab the 2070Super unless you can record with CPU x264. 

That said, x265 GPU encoder on the RX5700XT is one of the best and fastest one but I don't think you can use it for gameplay capture. 

After looking into it a little more, I agree with your evaluation. The encoding on NVENC is great compared to H264.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 9 5900X, ASUS TUF RTX 4080

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3600MHz, ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero