Huawei P30 Pro vs iPhone XR [Thoughts on Buying soon.] [Also calling all P30 / P30 pro Users]

K i a r a

Hey!

So, I currently have an iPhone 8. I have had it for 2 years now, my contract is ending in just under 5 months [The New Year].

I have been looking into new phones to buy when that time comes. (Or I might buy my contract out sooner.)

But here is the thing, I have been with apple ever since the release of the iPhone 4. [iPhone 4/5/5s/6s/8]

I really like Apple, and have had no real issues with them.

Some of my PERSONAL reasons I like them.

~ My whole family / Friends use them, so group chats are used VERY often.  

~ Emojis, idk I think they look better then any other companies emojis.

~ Simple. lmao yeah.   

~ I like the Texting iPhone to iPhone over XXX to iPhone.

~ and idk I've fallen in the loop of people saying "ew you don't have an iPhone" 

But, My Sisters boyfriend just got the P30 Pro and I love it, Yes I know all the scandals and such [Im from Canada]. 

I have asked this question on the Huawei Reddit, but it seems like you get pretty one-sided answers, With everyone saying the P30 Pro is great.

The real reason I would want the phone is the Crazy Camara on it, and I love taking photos.

But yeah,

I have also heard the P40 Pro is coming out around March maybe? so I might wait to see that but the Mate 30 is coming out in September and its WAY out of my price range, so I am guessing the P40 will be the same. 

The reason for this post is the iPhone XR is the same price as the P30 Pro. [I dont know if this is going to change when Christmas deals hit, but currently, that's what I am looking at.

One last thing, I do not like the feel of Samsung phones so I wouldn't buy one.

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

I always come back to iphone after using android..

it is a lot more boring, but it works for me.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Just keep your iPhone 8 and go for a cheaper BYOD contract. If you're in Canada, the plans that come bundled with a phone are more expensive. The entire tab system on Koodo proves that. No Tab plans are far better than Tab Medium or Large. And on top of that you have to pay your monthly tab balance. You can easily save $500 per year by switching to No Tab and not buying a new phone. Because frankly, the iPhone 8 is basically flawless. 

Keep your iPhone 8. 

On 8/15/2019 at 12:11 AM, K i a r a said:

The real reason I would want the phone is the Crazy Camara on it, and I love taking photos.

That's not the only good thing about the P30 Pro, the XR (actually any Iphone) is so bad compared to the P30

P30 has

• higher screen res (xr isn't even HD)
  • more ram (8 GB > 3 GB)
  • more storage capacity (128GB > 64 GB)
  • has OLED display (XR has just LCD)
  • better cpu
  • better camera's (as said): 40MP/32MP > 12MP/7MP
  • etc

If IOS is more important than these above, then stick to an iphone 

Hey, let's not forget that the US' effective trade ban also means that the future of Android on Huawei devices (outside of China, anyway) is in doubt.  You might lose access to Google's apps, officially anyway.  It's a shame, since the P30 Pro is nice hardware, but not so nice that I'd want to forego the Gmail app to use it.