Help me pick my new cpu please

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
1 minute ago, lavacandy said:

nice the reason i was saying that it was because i saw the reviews from different people saying if ur all about gaming go with intel what board were u talking about 

That's not true at all anymore. The 9700 is hot, power hungry, slower and has no real upgrade path cause next gen intel CPUs are on a new socket. With AM4, you can upgrade to 16 cores. That's double what you are buying with just a simple BIOS update. Intel makes no sense in 2019

hi so im looking to get a new CPU i am looking to mainly play games i might stream once or twice a month or year  the 2 cpus ill looking to choose from are the 3700x or the i7-9700k i also want to future proof my pc  i have never oced before idk if i will 

the motherboards im looking at for the 3700x are ASUS - TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) or MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI or MSI - MPG X570 GAMING PLUS

the motherboards for the i7-9700k are ASUS - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING  or MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC or MSI - MEG Z390 ACE (Socket LGA1151) 

If you're going to stream too (and want a bit more future proofing too) i'd get the 3700x with the asus tuf gaming x570's. Msi's low end x570 boards are trash, while asus x570 tufs are really good

3 minutes ago, lavacandy said:

hi so im looking to get a new CPU i am looking to mainly play games i might stream once or twice a month or year  the 2 cpus ill looking to choose from are the 3700x or the i7-9700k i also want to future proof my pc  i have never oced before idk if i will 

the motherboards im looking at for the 3700x are ASUS - TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) or MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI or MSI - MPG X570 GAMING PLUS

the motherboards for the i7-9700k are ASUS - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING  or MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC or MSI - MEG Z390 ACE (Socket LGA1151) 

Get the 3700X with the ASUS mobo.

The 3700X easily. It's about the same in games, a good 30-40% faster in any multi-threaded workload like atreaming, uses less power, runs cooler and has an upgrade path. It's a better CPU as a while.

5 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

If you're going to stream too (and want a bit more future proofing too) i'd get the 3700x with the asus tuf gaming x570's. Msi's low end x570 boards are trash, while asus x570 tufs are really good

how about if i go with the i7-9700k what board should i go with also i dont know if i will stream i just want the highest fps 

how about if i go with the i7-9700k what board should i go with also i dont know if i will stream i just want the highest fps 

Also get the asus Mobo, but believe us when we say that the 3700x is the better choice. It performs similar to the 9700k in games to the point it doesn't matter and in every multi-threaded workload it out-performs the i7-9700k

nice the reason i was saying that it was because i saw the reviews from different people saying if ur all about gaming go with intel what board were u talking about 

That's not true at all anymore. The 9700 is hot, power hungry, slower and has no real upgrade path cause next gen intel CPUs are on a new socket. With AM4, you can upgrade to 16 cores. That's double what you are buying with just a simple BIOS update. Intel makes no sense in 2019

28 minutes ago, lavacandy said:

3700x + a B450 Gaming pro carbon (MAX) should also do the job if you want to save some pennies on x570 Boards 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD