Corsair HX650 vs RM650

Hey guys,

Deciding on what power supply I'm going to use between the HX650 and the RM650.

They're the same price in Aus. I don't really care that the RM is fully modular because I'll be using coloured extensions and there's only two cables on the HX that are non modular. HX matches my theme and has been around for longer, all the problems would be known and it seems like it's been accepted pretty well (looking at the newegg user reviews). RM is supposed to be more quiet but that's not something that's high on my list of priorities. The colour on the RM would have to be changed to fit my theme (Blue/Black).

Any other thoughts?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Hey guys,

They're the same price in Aus. I don't really care that the RM is fully modular because I'll be using coloured extensions and there's only two cables on the HX that are non modular. HX matches my theme and has been around for longer, all the problems would be known and it seems like it's been accepted pretty well (looking at the newegg user reviews). RM is supposed to be more quiet but that's not something that's high on my list of priorities. The colour on the RM would have to be changed to fit my theme (Blue/Black).

Any other thoughts?

both are awesome but i love m rm850 silence moulder and 80+ gold would recommend   

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

What are you powering?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There was a post on the overclocking,net forums talking about the RM psu using cheap components... So I guess the HX would be better or maybe a different brand? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

HX

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

both are awesome but i love m rm850 silence moulder and 80+ gold would recommend   

HX is gold too

What are you powering?

Not anything overkill, probably just a single gpu and all the other usuals

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Hey guys,

Any other thoughts?

Here it is. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-should-not-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

HX is gold too

Not anything overkill, probably just a single gpu and all the other usuals

Why not get a 550 G then? http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr550rm

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Depending on how much the HX650v2 cost, the Seasonic G SSR-650RM may be a better deal. They are essentially the same unit internally, but the Seasonic has more native PEG connectors for potential SLI/CFX. If you are only going to be powering a single card, the Seasonic G 550w that WoodenMarker linked to is a good deal.

Alternatively, the Superflower Golden Green 600w unit may be an option as well. http://www.itestate.com.au/pages/product/pdt_product_detail.faces?BeanName=productDetailAction&pcode=16156

^This.

Edit: If you have to have a 650w psu between these two,get the HX. the HX650w is a Seasonic unit. Other wattages are CWTs same as the RM650w.