Help with windows 10

Mauricio26

So I managed to build my pc and everything so far I’ve done alright even tho it took me all morning and last night to do it. I installed windows 10 via usb. However, my Windows 10 looks different and strange, this is my first time installing an OS, I’ve never done it before. Well anyways Im trying to connect to the WiFi and it won’t let me and I try pulling up available networks however this pops up every time I attempt to click it. I’ve been posting and making a lot of threads recently but idk what to do honestly building the pc alone was overwhelming.

4DAFB626-876D-4B80-B02A-179DAE161B4D.jpeg

8A3086AE-B11A-40C2-B45D-906A5DF525AE.jpeg

You don't have wifi drivers and/or your new PC doesn't have a wifi adapter in it.

Use an ethernet/network cable from your router to the back of the computer for the internet to work, if you do have a wifi card/adapter, it will download the drivers for it automatically through windows update.

Though looking at your previous post where you've showed your specs, your motherboard doesn't have a built-in wifi adapter, meaning if you do not have a separate wifi card or a USB wifi adapter, you won't have wifi at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You don't have wifi drivers and/or your new PC doesn't have a wifi card in it.

Use an ethernet cable from your router to the back of the computer for the internet to work, if you do have a wifi card/adapter, it will download the drivers for it automatically through windows update.

Though looking at your previous post where you've showed your specs, your motherboard doesn't have a built-in wifi adapter, meaning if you do not have a separate wifi card or a USB wifi adapter, you won't have wifi at all.

Yeah just asked a friend of mine as well, so I would have to buy it off of amazon right? It wouldn’t matter which one? But regardless I’ll need both the Ethernet cable and the adapter correct?

19 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You don't have wifi drivers and/or your new PC doesn't have a wifi card in it.

Use an ethernet cable from your router to the back of the computer for the internet to work, if you do have a wifi card/adapter, it will download the drivers for it automatically through windows update.

Ignore what I said I’m slow af I connected my computer to the WiFi with a spare Ethernet cable I found why does my Windows 10 look like that now is my main question honestly 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

Ignore what I said I’m slow af I connected my computer to the WiFi with a spare Ethernet cable I found why does my Windows 10 look like that now is my main question honestly 

It just looks like a theme, you should be able to change it in the settings. You can just type in "themes" and it will bring up the options for you. 

If you haven't already, you should check for updates and download all of your drivers and give your PC a good ol' restart!

7 minutes ago, Mauricio26 said:

You're either missing display drivers or you just need to change the theme. Check for windows updates now that you have internet.

As for the internet... If you've connected with an ethernet cable, that's not called "wifi". Wifi is short for wireless fidelity, by connecting with a cable, you're not on wifi. You've connected to the internet, using an ethernet cable, connected to your modem/router.

If you don't mind being connected with a cable, you don't need to buy a wifi adapter on amazon. Though any of them should do the job, if they are at the very least N rated(300Mbps or higher) or AC (1200Mbps or higher), preferably go with AC if you can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You're either missing display drivers or you just need to change the theme. Check for windows updates now that you have internet.

As for the internet... If you've connected with an ethernet cable, that's not called "wifi". Wifi is short for wireless fidelity, by connecting with a cable, you're not on wifi. You've connected to the internet, using an ethernet cable, connected to your modem/router.

If you don't mind being connected with a cable, you don't need to buy a wifi adapter on amazon. Though any of them should do the job, if they are at the very least N rated(300Mbps or higher) or AC (1200Mbps or higher), preferably go with AC if you can.

Alright thanks again to both of y’all. I updated all of my drivers and everything. I restarted it twice now. It’s working fine, now I think I’ll begin  to actually download stuff.

13 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

One last question tho for sound my display doesn’t have speakers so I’d have to buy either speakers or just use headphones for it to work? 

Just now, Mauricio26 said:

One last question tho for sound my display doesn’t have speakers so I’d have to buy either speakers or just use headphones for it to work? 

Yes, your motherboard has on-board audio, so you can plug in speakers or a pair of headphones to it. (the green colored connector at the bottom of the IO in the back.)

Just make sure to change the Audio output in windows from HDMI to Speaker if you have no audio after plugging your speakers/headphones in.

Just now, TetraSky said:

Yes, your motherboard has on-board audio, so you can plug in speakers or a pair of headphones to it. (the green colored connector at the bottom of the IO in the back.)

Just make sure to change the Audio output in windows from HDMI to Speaker if you have no audio after plugging your speakers/headphones in.

Alright thanks again for the help! I really appreciate it.