I AM SOOO CONFUSED!!! ( DO I NEED A AUDIO SOLUTION?)

TTesla

SO just one question that I just cannot seem to get answered!

I am planning on getting HD 558 and I have the Z87 UD3H on bourd audio WILL IT SUFFICE?? (EDIT: AS IN GIVE ME THE BEST QUALITY FROM MY HEADPHONES)
IF yes thanks

if NO what should I get (try to keep it cheap) Do I get a DAC/AMP or a Soundcard or WHAT?? I AM SOOOO CONFUSED
THANKS GUYS

EDIT: GUYS I AM basically asking if my on board audio will in ANY way BOTTLENECK my headphones???

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

I do not own a ud3 board but onboard audio isnt that crappy anymore ass of lately but a soundcard will be able to get you a louder/better sound (depends on what you're buying ofc)

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

It will suffice.

So I will have no issue and get the most out of my investment in the HD 558 (a big one of that it is) as far as loudness and quality will go??

So I will have no issue and get the most out of my investment in the HD 558 (a big one of that it is) as far as loudness and quality will go??

I'm not going to give you a potentially confusing complex answer.

The onboard will be sufficient.

I'm not going to give you a potentially confusing complex answer.

The onboard will be sufficient.

you know what I am confused to the max already so just please gime that complex answer :)

I have the HD 518 which use exactly the same speakers that are in the HD 558, the quality of the sound is good with the onboard audio of my cheap motherboard, and the volume is more than enough, I keep my volume at 10-20 %.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I am using an x79-ud3, the on board audio is fine for what it is. It will suffice...

I have the HD 518 which use exactly the same speakers that are in the HD 558, the quality of the sound is good with the onboard audio of my cheap motherboard, and the volume is more than enough, I keep my volume at 10-20 %.

I am using an x79-ud3, the on board audio is fine for what it is. It will suffice...

Guys I don't WANT "FINE" audio quality I want THE BEST from my headphones :)

Then don't rely on on-board audio. It is obviously not the best. You are asking if it will "suffice" not if it will exceed your expectation :P

I think you have the wrong expectations about how it will sound.  :lol:

The headphones will sound fine, because that is how that model sounds, is not THE BEST, and it will not sound the best. 

But is very unlikely that you'll notice a difference from using a sound card, unless your onboard is really bad or defective.

There is no objectively "best" source hardware - you have to balance personal preferences with use case with price, and no one but you can solve that equation. Onboard is free with your computer, however, and very few things beat free.

The only scenario in which I think you'll be unpleased is if your onboard is faulty, but there's no way for me to know if it is. Worst-case, you are unpleased and can then by a new source.

Then don't rely on on-board audio. It is obviously not the best. You are asking if it will "suffice" not if it will exceed your expectation :P

I fixed it now

answer my new question please :)

I fixed it now

answer my new question please :)

There is no objectively "best" source hardware - you have to balance personal preferences with use case with price, and no one but you can solve that equation. Onboard is free with your computer, however, and very few things beat free.

The only scenario in which I think you'll be unpleased is if your onboard is faulty, but there's no way for me to know if it is. Worst-case, you are unpleased and can then by a new source.

SO guys my question is will my on bourd audio BOTTLENECK my headphones IN ANY WAY?????????

I think you have the wrong expectations about how it will sound.  :lol:

The headphones will sound fine, because that is how that model sounds, is not THE BEST, and it will not sound the best. 

But is very unlikely that you won't notice a difference from using a sound card, unless your onboard is really bad or defective.

I do not own a ud3 board but onboard audio isnt that crappy anymore ass of lately but a soundcard will be able to get you a louder/better sound (depends on what you're buying ofc)

SO guys my question is will my on bourd audio BOTTLENECK my headphones IN ANY WAY?????????

No, is not a "bottleneck"

The best thing you can do is TRY, try the onboard, most likely you'll think it sounds great.  If you don't then you can think about getting a sound card or an external amp.

If your headphones don't have some ridiculously high ohm rating (which they don't they are rated @ 50 Ohms) then the onboard will be fine. It won't bottleneck, it won't sound the best as your audio equipment isn't the best, it will suffice.

If that doesn't answer your question(s) then I don't know what will.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

If your headphones don't have some ridiculously high ohm rating (which they don't they are rated @ 50 Ohms) then the onboard will be fine. It won't bottleneck, it won't sound the best as your audio equipment isn't the best, it will suffice.

If that doesn't answer your question(s) then I don't know what will.

How do I improve my "equipment"??

Spend thousands of dollars.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Spend thousands of dollars.

OK... That may not exactly be possible.........

You have to buy better headphones and a better source.

You have to buy better headphones and a better source.

what do  you mean a better source?

what do  you mean a better source?

Basically the same @Advent  said,  you need to spend thousands in better equipment, that is a better headphone and better Amp/Dac.  

Seriously for just the HD 558 you don't need to spend more money in sound cards to get a good experience.

Basically your situation boils down to this: Those are good headphones, your onboard audio is good. Thus your sound quality will be good.

It will never, ever be "the best" as you don't have the best equipment. Nor will you ever as you lack the money to purchase the best. Thus you must settle for good and accept it.

Buying a fancy soundcard for 50 Ohm headphones will not make them sound better. Buying a DAC/Amp isn't needed either.

PSU

Bottlenecks do not happen in audio.

Like I said at the beginning, your onboard will suffice. Stop overthinking it and just enjoy your audio.