6 minutes ago, ThePirateHunter said:

I mean I found xps 15 on amazon for 1400$, but Aero 15 for 1800$. It is way above my budget. I understand your point, but I do not have enough money. Even 1400$ is a stretch.

In that case, I'll try finding something.

In what country do you live?

Update: I just found the Aero 15 for 1700$, but the Gigabyte Aorus 5 and MSI GS65 Stealth may also be good choices, for around 1300-1400$. I'll check for reviews and teardowns.

10 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

In that case, I'll try finding something.

In what country do you live?

Update: I just found the Aero 15 for 1700$, but the Gigabyte Aorus 5 and MSI GS65 Stealth may also be good choices, for around 1300-1400$. I'll check for reviews and teardowns.

I live in Romania, but I think I could get from USA, or UK (but as I saw, UK is expensive as hell) cause I have friends there.

The only problem is the charging cable. If I change it to european standards, than everything should be fine right? 

In Romania the prices are high too, and you can't find too much products.

9 minutes ago, ThePirateHunter said:

I live in Romania, but I think I could get from USA, or UK (but as I saw, UK is expensive as hell) cause I have friends there.

The only problem is the charging cable. If I change it to european standards, than everything should be fine right? 

In Romania the prices are high too, and you can't find too much products.

I'll check the EU Amazon as well.

Yes, the chargers themeselves are rated at 100-240V, so there should be no problem with european cables (my country also uses some pseudo-european standards, and the prices, while a lot better then they used to be, are still high in comparison to many european countries (case in point, the Aero 15X, if you manage to get it, costs almost 3000$ here).

Are you alright with refurbished laptops, I found something pretty good at ~1200$, however it is refurbished)?

It is the Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501VI-US74 (though the keyboard orientation might not be the best).

Never mind, 2 hour battery is not worth it.

3 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

I'll check the EU Amazon as well.

Yes, the chargers themeselves are rated at 100-240V, so there should be no problem with european cables (my country also uses some pseudo-european standards, and the prices, while a lot better then they used to be, are still high in comparison to many european countries (case in point, the Aero 15X, if you manage to get it, costs almost 3000$ here).

Are you alright with refurbished laptops, I found something pretty good at ~1200$, however it is refurbished)?

Well if there isn't anything better, refurbished will be good too.

Just now, ThePirateHunter said:

Well if there isn't anything better, refurbished will be good too.

I'll try aiming for new.

17" is too large, correct (mobility reasons)?

3 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

I'll try aiming for new.

17" is too large, correct (mobility reasons)?

Yup

13 minutes ago, ThePirateHunter said:

Yup

Amazon UK and DE are expensive.

Thankfully Amazon ES is not (I'm half-blindingly searching, since I understand neither german nor spanish).

Edit: It is just as expensive as Amazon US.

Update: Amazon FR strangely has next to nothing.

Update 2: Amazon IT has pretty much the same prices as Amazon ES.

Since I cannot find anything with a GTX1070 (Max-Q or not) with a normal battery life and 15" for cheaper than ~1500€ (currently on european sites, so european units), we'll have to step down to GTX1060 and 1050TI.

The Aorus 5NA may be alright, however I am really not liking the fact that it has Killer LAN (WiFi can be swapped out).

I am really having a hard time deciding, since everything in this price range has flaws, at least one of the following:

60hz display panel

Washed out display colors

Dim display

No card reader

Either Realtek or Killer LAN

Runs hot, both internally and externally

Keyboard flex

Chassis flex

Short battery life

Underpowered GPU

Non-upgradeable

Long-lasting construction (I'm looking at you Razer)

No numpad

No card reader (though you can use a USB card reader, so not as much of an issue)

So far, the best I can at this budget are the Gigabyte Aorus 5NA, the Dell G7 15 7855, and the MSI P65 Creator 8RE.

The Asus GA502DU was extremely interesting, with it's Ryzen 7 and GTX1660 MAX-Q, however it uses Realtek LAN, has no card reader, washed out colors according to reviewers, and it runs hot, both internally and externally according to users.

Hmm... The MSI P65 has an Intel 9560, not bad, but a shame that it is using Intel's proprietary CNVi protocol, so no MAC address switching (unless you switch to a card that utilizes the standard PCIe protocol), and incompatible with any computer whose CPU does not support CNVi.

Update: The Aorus 5NA apparently does not support NVidia Prime, so the battery life is pretty bad (~3 hours).

9 hours ago, ThePirateHunter said:

snip

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life?

I said, I am from Romania,I have around 1000-1400$ budget , I will learn programming at university, that's why I need a laptop, I would like a light laptop with at least 4 hours of battery life.

But honestly, I'm open for anything.

8 hours ago, moriel5 said:

I am really having a hard time deciding, since everything in this price range has flaws, at least one of the following:

60hz display panel

Washed out display colors

Dim display

No card reader

Either Realtek or Killer LAN

Runs hot, both internally and externally

Keyboard flex

Chassis flex

Short battery life

Underpowered GPU

Non-upgradeable

Long-lasting construction (I'm looking at you Razer)

No numpad

No card reader (though you can use a USB card reader, so not as much of an issue)

I don' t mind if it has a 60Hz display, cause gaming is not a priority. Altough I would like to see a nice IPS display. (and thin bezels :'D)

Underpowered GPU isn't a problem, according to my friends from university, I won't really need a good GPU, and again, gaming is not a priority, I don't think I will have too much time for it, and Irather go out at evenings than game. I will play some games only when I am home.

No numpad isn't a problem as well, it would be nice, but it is not a dealbreaker.

Altough short batery life is a problem. That 3 hours isn't enough, I need in worst case at least 4, but the more is better.

2 hours ago, ThePirateHunter said:

I said, I am from Romania,I have around 1000-1400$ budget

Any links of online stores? Budget in your country currency?

honestly speaking your requirements aren't that high

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

18 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores? Budget in your country currency?

honestly speaking your requirements aren't that high

Don' worth looking...We have next to nothing, and that nothing is expensive....But here are some

emag.ro

pcgarage.ro

altex.ro

iponcomp.ro

1 minute ago, ThePirateHunter said:

Don' worth looking...We have next to nothing, and that nothing is expensive....But here are some

emag.ro

pcgarage.ro

altex.ro

iponcomp.ro

You're buying in your country, is it correct?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You're buying in your country, is it correct?

i don't know

I rather buy from USA, cause I have friends there.

1000-1400$

programming at university

light laptop

at least 4 hours of battery life

I don' t mind if it has a 60Hz display

gaming is not a priority

nice IPS display. (and thin bezels :'D)

won't really need a good GPU

So you want 13 inch laptop or gaming/performance laptop?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

So you want 13 inch laptop or gaming/performance laptop?

I want a 15 inch laptop, good processor

About the rest I'm not sure at this time

After this conversation I am not sure what will be the best for me. I would be happy if it is light as possible, cause I will have to carry it, and that is why I would like if it have a good battery, BUT

As @moriel5 said, I might need a gpu too, but i am not sure about it.

Now I think (I'm still not sure about it, so if you have any better idea, I'm open for it) I want a thin and light laptop with a good cpu and with a thunderbolt 3 port in order to keep the option to attach an external gpu to it, if I will need to do so in the future.

(about the 13" thing... As I saw 13" variants of different laptops are cheaper and that's why I thinked about it...but I prefer 15.6")

This reply is a total mess....Sorry for that, and much appreciate all of your help guys! ?

On 8/9/2019 at 5:55 AM, ThePirateHunter said:

thunderbolt 3

So you need Thunderbolt? Also, preferred max weight in kg/lbs?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

So you need Thunderbolt? Also, preferred max weight in kg/lbs?

max 1,8 kg (4lbs)

I thought about the lenovo yoga c930, what is your opinion about it?

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Edge-E530-3259AC5/dp/B0091T2GLC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2O1POVCIHRQIO&keywords=lenovo+yoga+c930&qid=1565701419&s=gateway&sprefix=lennovo+yoga+c930%2Caps%2C248&sr=8-3

1 hour ago, ThePirateHunter said:

max 1,8 kg (4lbs)

I thought about the lenovo yoga c930

Do you need Thunderbolt?

C930 is decent for an Ultrabook, however you mentioned that you want 15 inch with good CPU?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Do you need Thunderbolt?

C930 is decent for an Ultrabook, however you mentioned that you want 15 inch with good CPU?

Yes, I would like a laptop with thunderbolt port.

Well, I watched couple of 2 in 1 ultrabooks, cause why not :D, and usually they are 13", and the c930 is a bigger one whit its 14"display. 

And I also said that I don't know what I want :'

Lenovo Thinkpad P1 gen 1 customize (i7-8750H), P1 gen 2 20QTS00C00

Desktop specs:

Spoiler