PC Powers on for a second and then turns off (loop)

vizoomer
Go to solution Solved by vaiwalker,

did you overclock? if so, remove the cmos battery for 30 seconds or so and reinsert and try again.

usually the boot loop happens if somethings up with the ram. try reseating the rams one by one. easy issue, nothing too complicated.

Hi guys,

I've ended up with trouble of my pc recently and basically what happened is listed below.

It was running smooth and fine and I booted up a game which bugged out and started up multiple instances and literally froze everything, the CPU, RAM and HDD all running at 100%.

I tried CTRL+ALT+Delete etc but given that CPU was already running 100%, it did not work out. I ended up doing a force shutdown(impatience) and when I tried to bootup again, it powered on for a less than a second, turns off and then powers-on on itself without me hitting a button.

I tried resetting the PSU, letting it cool down, waiting 12 hours before trying again, but nothing seems to be working.

Specs:

i5 4690k

16GB Ram

GTX 970

Corsair RM850i PSU

Please help! and do let me what I can do to fix everything.

Thanks in Advance!

did you overclock? if so, remove the cmos battery for 30 seconds or so and reinsert and try again.

usually the boot loop happens if somethings up with the ram. try reseating the rams one by one. easy issue, nothing too complicated.

Thanks for the response vaiwalker.

I have been running on overclock to 4.1ghz since the start (mobo's bios auto settings). That is a good idea, I will try doing that by reseating both ram and cmos battery.

Is there anything else that I should check for ? I was thinking it could be a PSU issue.

nahh i have a i7 4770k with 3 hdds, 32gb ram and like 3 chassis fans and 2 radiator fans and a titan x and i only use a coolermaster 750w PSU. its been running without any problems for 2 years. yours should be more than enough, but im not too sure about the auto overclocking though. if nothing else works try lowering the multiplier manually. cuz ive experienced the same issue in my past systems where i manually overclocked and it restarts while gaming and keeps looping until i clear the cmos. so i gave up trying to find the acceptable range for my overclock and set it back to auto.

Thanks mate, this is helpful!

I'll update here if this works once I'm home from work.

9 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

This worked! Thank you!! You are a life saver!!!