New Mini ITX Mobo - Windows 10 Fresh Installs Keeps Crashing

Hello and thanks in advance! I'm currently at my wits end with this issue and am here asking fellow masterracers for help.

I got a new Mini ITX mobo (ASROCK Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX/AC) and put it in a Phanteks Evolv Shift (doing a dual AIO setup for those wondering).

The only other new part is a new M.2 Intel 660P 1TB - for OS and storage.

Everything else is reused (even power supply is a temporary redneck setup due to a faulty SF PSU cable):

- Ryzen 5 1600X (no overclock as it's a new build that I'm troubleshooting)
- Gigabyte GTX 1080
- Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb (3200)

Did fresh Windows 10 install...then hell happened.

I was having rather hellacious BSOD issues with "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" that I was able to stop by uninstalling the Nvidia driver in "Device Manager".

Got GeForce Experience and installed new driver and all was well.

Windows 10 is fully updated.

Then I kept getting random and regular full on crashes to black screen and keyboard RGB going bananas. Only way to fix is to hold power button down and start over.

Another odd and MAYBE key thing is that Windows 10 notification sounds are EXTREMELY deteriorated. Bad crackle and almost unintelligible from what they should sound like.

Long story short for the rest -

- Have done 2 more full fresh Windows 10 installs (for a total of 3)
- Hooked up my old 240GB SSD Boot drive and the same issue happens - audio crackle and full crash

I've just sent an email off to ASROCK for technical support.

I can't for the life of me believe that any of my old parts I've had no issues with are the problem here.

PLEASE HELP! I'm tired. Mentally spent. Super frustrated. And fresh out of beer!

EDIT - I am just looking for either other ideas to try OR confirmation that it's simply a mobo issue and needs replacing or RMA. Thanks!

tried both with and without XMP enabled?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

tried both with and without XMP enabled?

Yes. Back and forth a few times.