NZXT H500i case and fan option (advice needed)

Okay so first build from scratch

I picked up a NZXT H500i case (not everything has arrived yet but will be by the end of next week) and just looking it over.

Currently the case came with 2 fans (1 - top of case exhaust , 2 - at the back on the case) There are mounting options for more fans.

When I placed my initial order I didn't order any more fans. From youtube videos it seems it will work with the current setup but of course I can improve my future temps with more fan. I can improve my temps a little with some front mounted fans.

I've followed the wires that lead to the NZXT hub Fan 3 and 3 ports are already connected but Fan 1 has a cable that has 3 inputs at the end (pictures attached)

The first one down the run of wire has 4 pins, and the last two only have 3 pins....

Just sure what kind of fans to orer if the number of pins makes a difference. 

Thanks for reading this newb questions and all the help as usual.

2834281_nzxtcontrolhub.jpg.63ab17329ec683d348b0f1b4e60e42e3.jpg861703504_fanconnectors.jpg.174282f56fb13cba8725349199901637.jpg

The hub is meant to be used with 4pin pwm fans.

The 3rd pin is for rpm and is only read from one of the fans. Make sure to plug in a fan into the header with the 3rd pin so the system can read the rpm. 

What are your specs and temps? If your temps are fine and the system isn't too noisy, there's no need to get new fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, WoodenMarker said:

The hub is meant to be used with 4pin pwm fans.

The 3rd pin is for rpm and is only read from one of the fans. Make sure to plug in a fan into the header with the 3rd pin so the system can read the rpm. 

What are your specs and temps? If your temps are fine and the system isn't too noisy, there's no need to get new fans. 

Still waiting to put it all today (waiting on mobo and ram kit. 

But I picked up a Ryzen 3600, NVME 500gb, RX570 (it was picked up for $80 on amazon - think they had it listed as a mistake) 32 GB ram at 3600, and thats it for now.  Everything should be here by this coming Thursday so looking forward to my first attempt at building

Okay working on my build. I am stock on the fans. More so I just dont understand the hub (pictures above...) trying to look at videos but it doesn't show how they connect to the MOBO. I'm assuming its really simple and I've over looking this.... help please

1 hour ago, DenverOh said:

Okay working on my build. I am stock on the fans. More so I just dont understand the hub (pictures above...) trying to look at videos but it doesn't show how they connect to the MOBO. I'm assuming its really simple and I've over looking this.... help please

There's a cable from it labeled usb on the hub. Connect that to your motherboard and install NZXT CAM. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.