Nikon 200D lens problem. How can i fix this?

I bought a Nikon 200D last month. There was a primary 18-55mm IS III Lens with the box. I haven't opened the box for a long time. But when i opened it, i found that there is a black spot inside the lens. I talked with the online shop,bdstall about it and they informed me that it was a manufacturer error and they need to send a review to the importers. And the whole process will take about 1 month. But i have an urgency and i want to fix the lens asap. Should i buy a new one or should i repair it locally? But i am afraid that the importers may not change my lens then. I am in a huge dilemma now -_- 

If you take it to a repair shop and get it repaired, you'll have your problem fixed, albeit at additional monetary cost to you. You may be able to get this repair bill reimbursed by the shop you originally bought from, but I wouldn't count on it.

Alternatively, you can buy a new one and send the damaged one in for repair when it eventually comes through.

It all depends on what your personal budget is and how you value your time, this isn't really a decision anyone can make for you.

I would warn you that there may be no recourse with the seller or with Nikon with your lens if this was a grey market import (which seems likely from your case); Nikon is extremely strict about enforcing regional restrictions on their products, to the point where they refuse ALL repair work on cameras and lenses that are not meant to be sold in your region. They have a way of tracking serial numbers on their products which determines which region the product was originally sold to.

I don't think your retailer is an authorized Nikon seller, which would add to your problems, as Nikon would both refuse to honour the warranty, and refuse to repair the lens as well. Next time, especially for Nikon products, buy from an authorized retailer so you at least have some recourse with Nikon for warranty and repair work.

You can also rent a lens for your Immediate need while you wait on the return/repair  that being said if your rental is over a week long it may make more sense to buy one used and resell it once you have taken care of the Return with the original lens.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:08 AM, susana said:

I bought a Nikon 200D last month. There was a primary 18-55mm IS III Lens...

Do you mean Canon 200D?

When you say "black spot" what do you mean? Dust? Fungus? Either way, if it's small its impact on image quality will be minimal. You should just keep using it. Not to be brash but the 18-55mm is not worth repairing. They're so cheap it'd cost less to buy another. Or replace it with a better lens.