The best and cheapest processor to support the next generation in a decent way?

Hello, I am relatively new here, I mean I have been a gamer throughout my life but of consoles, so my knowledge about PC is very superficial.
Lately and in the face of the next generation I thought about putting together a gamer pc although my budget is not very high.
My goal is to conceive a PC capable of lasting as much as possible in the next generation in 1080p, as far as the video card is concerned I will trust an rtx 2060 but my main concern is the cpu, I have seen benchmarks that run from "decent" way with an i3 9100f but being the cheapest option generates a huge distrust, my budget is not very high and my final question is: what is the cheapest cpu that I can trust my goals thinking about games such as cyberpunk

(sorry for grammar, English is not my mother tongue)

Are you considering used or only new? Do you have a mobo chosen yet? You might wanna consider a Ryzen chip as it includes a cooler which you would help save some money there

12 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Are you considering used or only new? Do you have a mobo chosen yet? You might wanna consider a Ryzen chip as it includes a cooler which you would help save some money there

I had considered only new components more than anything to have a clearer objective once the components were chosen, on the mobo I chose an MSI H370 Gaming Plus thinking on intel

3 minutes ago, Epsilon_guy said:

I had considered only new components more than anything to have a clearer objective once the components were chosen, on the mobo I chose an MSI H370 Gaming Plus thinking on intel

What's your budget? Placing a 9100f with a 2060 seems a little unreasonable, so I'd like to see what kind of budget you're working with before making any recommendations

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

49 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

What's your budget? Placing a 9100f with a 2060 seems a little unreasonable, so I'd like to see what kind of budget you're working with before making any recommendations

950$ more or less

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 5:18 PM, Epsilon_guy said:

950$ more or less

Personally, I think that at that budget, you can get a better CPU. Please link a full list of your parts.

Also, sorry about the extremely belated reply, I've been moving across the country and it's been stressful. I only just got my pc back

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

The Ryzen 5 1600 is so cheap for being quite good, but the small price increase for the 2600 is worth it imo for the budget 1080p 60fps experience

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad