thermal sensors

truckerlenny
Go to solution Solved by truckerlenny,
19 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, most people today setup curve which adjusts speeds based on temps.

Best places for probes are on top of HDD or right next to your intake fan, monitoring intake air temp. Then places like GPU backplate, right next to CPU socket or behind it etc.

thanks

so i bought a aerocool v12xt fan controller but it also has 4 thermal sensors where should i put them seeing as the cpu and gpu temps already show with onboard sensors where else should i. i was thinking one for ssd and one for hdd, one placed on ram and one placed on mobo somewhere i have a asrock h170 motherboard. i was also thinking psu but how. i have ordered a corsair hx750i 

Are you gonna setup fan controls based on temps? And is that controller with internal USB connector? As if it doesn't have internal USB, you can't use motherboards sensors for setting up temp based fan controls. Thermal probes are rather inaccurate, even if you set them as close to processing units as possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Are you gonna setup fan controls based on temps? And is that controller with internal USB connector? As if it doesn't have internal USB, you can't use motherboards sensors for setting up temp based fan controls. Thermal probes are rather inaccurate, even if you set them as close to processing units as possible.

i know they are not purely accurate i am trying to be able to adjust fan speed without having to jump to another program so i bought a fan controller which will allow me to control it from the outside of the case from my knowledge all it has is 4 fan connectors and 4 thermal probes

3 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

i know they are not purely accurate i am trying to be able to adjust fan speed without having to jump to another program so i bought a fan controller which will allow me to control it from the outside of the case from my knowledge all it has is 4 fan connectors and 4 thermal probes

Best places for probes are on top of HDD or right next to your intake fan, monitoring intake air temp. Then places like GPU backplate, right next to CPU socket or behind it etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

thanks