HDD is Causing Freezing, How can I repair it

So I’m having an issue with my hard drive lately. I’ve been experiencing random blue screens and A LOT of freezing. I’ve spent this whole week trying to troubleshoot the issue and I’ve determined a few things:

1. The HDD or OS is the source of the problem (I’ve tested running the system on a different install of windows on a different HDD) 
  2. Running Chkdsk won’t help (the freezing happens so often that while running Chkdsk /r it freezes)
  3. The problem isn’t reported in event Viewer (I check there every time it blue screens and NO errors or warnings show at the time the PC crashed)

If anybody has any tips that they think could help it would be greatly appreciated.

(Image of HDD Specs below)31B6F08B-318E-4480-8177-BB239D3B6126.thumb.jpeg.afc2716c46ea984c05c1c0b305521d37.jpeg

Reinstall windows, if that doesn't fix your freezes it means its a hardware issue. 

Running Chkdsk won’t help (the freezing happens so often that while running Chkdsk /r it freezes)

Your HDD is dying, so backup and throw it away. 

i suggest getting  an SSD+ HDD system- SSD for most-used apps or windows and HDD for mass storage 

I was thinking the same thing but I ran Crystal Disk and It says the hard drive is good. Could it still just be dying?

@Grant Dahl

If you do not need the data that is on the drive you can also do a full format on it. Not a quick format. A full format will also look for bad sectors and remove them from the drive table in much the same way chkdsk does.

Also chkdsk will be of limited success on a mounted drive that contains an OS. FOr chkdsk to really do its job it needs to be able to unmount the drive and do it that way. I guess you could schedule it to run at startup, but it can take a very long time (days) depending on the size and condition of the drive. I would try doing a full format on it and seeing if that helps.

46 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

@Grant Dahl

If you do not need the data that is on the drive you can also do a full format on it. Not a quick format. A full format will also look for bad sectors and remove them from the drive table in much the same way chkdsk does.

Also chkdsk will be of limited success on a mounted drive that contains an OS. FOr chkdsk to really do its job it needs to be able to unmount the drive and do it that way. I guess you could schedule it to run at startup, but it can take a very long time (days) depending on the size and condition of the drive. I would try doing a full format on it and seeing if that helps.

I’m going to move my OS into another drive for now and I’ll try a full format to see if that works.