Is one case fan good enongh?

DespereauxINC

I'm building my first pc with a 3600 and a 2060 super. the case I have in mine is the ECLIPSE P350X but it only brings one fan. is that ok? if not what other cases can I get in the same or lower price range?

I'd say no. Basic should be at least 2x in the front and 1x in the rear. Top is optional. Both CPU and GPU will clock higher if they have good air circulation.

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I'd say no. Basic should be at least 2x in the front and 1x in the rear. Top is optional. Both CPU and GPU will clock higher if they have good air circulation.

@RejZoRso is there a case that brings them already or do I have to but them? I'm running on a budget here

1 minute ago, DespereauxINC said:

@RejZoRso is there a case that brings them already or do I have to but them? I'm running on a budget here

See if you have more places to mount case fans.  If you have more 120mm fan locations, pick up some bGears bBlasters.  They are ~$12 each.

https://www.newegg.com/bgears-b-blaster-120-case-fan/p/N82E16835132022?Item=N82E16835132022

If you want, you can spend a bit extra for the PWM ones and a PWM splitter.  If your MB has an extra 4pin PWM fan header, it can control their speed.

https://www.newegg.com/bgears-b-pwm-120-black-case-fan/p/N82E16835132026?Item=N82E16835132026

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16812423161?Description=4pin fan splitter&cm_re=4pin_fan_splitter-_-12-423-161-_-Product

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

See if you have more places to mount case fans.  If you have more 120mm fan locations, pick up some bGears bBlasters.  They are ~$12 each.

https://www.newegg.com/bgears-b-blaster-120-case-fan/p/N82E16835132022?Item=N82E16835132022

If you want, you can spend a bit extra for the PWM ones and a PWM splitter.  If your MB has an extra 4pin PWM fan header, it can control their speed.

https://www.newegg.com/bgears-b-pwm-120-black-case-fan/p/N82E16835132026?Item=N82E16835132026

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16812423161?Description=4pin fan splitter&cm_re=4pin_fan_splitter-_-12-423-161-_-Product

@KarathKasuni do have more slot my problem is powering them and price

@KarathKasuni do have more slot my problem is powering them and price

$35 is cheaper than a new case.

You can get a fan hub for something like $5 and run all case fans off of one header.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

$35 is cheaper than a new case.

You can get a fan hub for something like $5 and run all case fans off of one header.

@KarathKasunno no, I haven't bought the case yet that's why I'm checking before buying

28 minutes ago, DespereauxINC said:

I'm building my first pc with a 3600 and a 2060 super. the case I have in mine is the ECLIPSE P350X but it only brings one fan. is that ok? if not what other cases can I get in the same or lower price range?

Coolermaster MB511 RGB, comes with 4 fans for around $65 (when it's on sale, sometimes as low as $51)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Coolermaster MB511 RGB, comes with 4 fans for around $65 (when it's on sale, sometimes as low as $51)

@TVwazhereDo you have a link because i see it for 80

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

I would get this and put the fans from the front on top as intakes.  Because they do nothing when installed in the front, due to the fact that they are blocked off.

https://www.newegg.com/black-antec-performance-series-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811129209?Item=N82E16811129209

@KarathKasunthe top seems to be closed on it as well no?

16 minutes ago, DespereauxINC said:

@KarathKasunthe top seems to be closed on it as well no?

No, the top is not closed.  It has a magnetically attached dust filter.  That rectangular area on the top is open.

image.png.7a3d9d0a10f0a30e86f41ffe78d8f9f3.png

1 hour ago, DespereauxINC said:

@TVwazhereDo you have a link because i see it for 80

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

for around $65 (when it's on sale, sometimes as low as $51)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QYzkcf/cooler-master-masterbox-mb511-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-b511d-kgnn-rgb?history_days=180

image.png.244a6ab895aa35085b27c4cd71a0a8c6.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, DespereauxINC said:

@TVwazhereoh my bad

It's alright!

If you're looking for something right now, the Focus G comes with 2 fans for around $50 (real price lol), but it doesnt have tempered glass or a PSU shroud.

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It's alright!

If you're looking for something right now, the Focus G comes with 2 fans for around $50 (real price lol), but it doesnt have tempered glass or a PSU shroud.

@TVwazhereare those important?

@TVwazhereare those important?

No, but people really like them because they add to the aesthetic and "clean look" of the case. PSU shrouds can help hide extra cables from your PSU, and Tempered glass is often valued over acrylic because it's clearer (lets a bit more light through) and it resists scratches a lot better (acrylic is very soft and can be scratched by micro fiber towels!). 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

No, but people really like them because they add to the aesthetic and "clean look" of the case. PSU shrouds can help hide extra cables from your PSU, and Tempered glass is often valued over acrylic because it's clearer (lets a bit more light through) and it resists scratches a lot better (acrylic is very soft and can be scratched by micro fiber towels!). 

@TVwazhereWow, I think I'm going to get the cooler master one, shame I only need 20 bucks for it. Thanks for the help 

@TVwazhereWow, I think I'm going to get the cooler master one, shame I only need 20 bucks for it. Thanks for the help 

If the sales trends from that link are anything to go by, the first two weeks of august should see the MB511 go on sale for around $65 again :) 

2 hours ago, DespereauxINC said:

I would play it safe and get at least one more fan for the exhaust.