Would I be able to get Linus or someone that works for him to build a computer for me, for enough money?

winterfate
1 hour ago, winterfate said:

@LinusTech Quick question- any idea if you guys will be putting your sister channels on Floatplane? I'm totally willing to pay 3 dollars for each individual channel.

Prices are going up on Floatplane soon for those not already subscribed (at least for LTT's channel, not sure about Bitwit or Tech Deals). I forget how much they said it'd cost, but I think it was at least like $5/month.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, TheKDub said:

Prices are going up on Floatplane soon for those not already subscribed (at least for LTT's channel, not sure about Bitwit or Tech Deals). I forget how much they said it'd cost, but I think it was at least like $5/month.

Lol, thta's cool with me. I'm already 'scribed  sunglasses emoji     What if a person were to cancel sub and resub? Would it go up?

4 minutes ago, winterfate said:

Lol, thta's cool with me. I'm already 'scribed  sunglasses emoji     What if a person were to cancel sub and resub? Would it go up?

Not sure how they're handling it. You could keep an eye out for one of Luke's live streams on Twitch (luke_lafr) and ask him on there. He'd probably know.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

Not sure how they're handling it. You could keep an eye out for one of Luke's live streams on Twitch (luke_lafr) and ask him on there. He'd probably know.

s not that big a deal, was just curious. Thank you for the infoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkffffffffffffffffff

THe people with the real knowledge in life are always hiding somewhere underground. They are not out in the open like Linus. Consider him more of a connector/influencer/entertainer.

Linus even says it himself ALL the time that he is a novice with tech stuff. 

23 hours ago, winterfate said:

I think I trust Linus with my life

that's sad, given that you only know him through videos

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I’d rather build my own.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

12 minutes ago, RoseLuck462 said:

build

*drop

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

2 hours ago, winterfate said:

s not that big a deal, was just curious. Thank you for the infoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkffffffffffffffffff

I asked Luke about it, he said they're probably going to make it so you'll keep the grandfathered rate ($3/month) even if you unsub then resub, but they're not entirely sure yet, and it might come down to whether or not they or the software they use, is capable of it or not.

A bit unrelated but I personally would absolutely buy a LTT-themed custom gaming PC. Probably will be better built then anything Walmart could give me ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 9:31 PM, Cypher-Jackson said:

THe people with the real knowledge in life are always hiding somewhere underground. They are not out in the open like Linus. Consider him more of a connector/influencer/entertainer.

Linus even says it himself ALL the time that he is a novice with tech stuff. 

This ain't it, chief.