Windows Clean Install - Getting too many errors to diagnose HELP?!

Patrity

So I've clean installed a hundred times and this time it's literally killing me.

Windows was corrupt after my father reset the PC during an update. Repair PC did not work, restore points did not work.

So I move on to a clean install. I moved his files with a hard drive toaster.

I attempted to clean install several times now and get a different error almost every time.

Errors include:

"Windows files may be corrupt" 0x80070570

"Windows files may be corrupt" 0x800702D

BSOD Errors:

BAD_POOL_HEADER

IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I have tried new RAM, removing the GFX Card completely, and even installing on a different hard drive. I have also tried with three different boot medias: Media Creation USB Stick, Manually burned ISO USB, and the actual Windows Disk.

The first thing I'd try is testing both RAM and the harddrives/SSDs. Use MemTest86+ for RAM, and whatever tool the harddrive/SSD manufacturer supplies.

2 minutes ago, TheDelphiDude said:

The first thing I'd try is testing both RAM and the harddrives/SSDs. Use MemTest86+ for RAM, and whatever tool the harddrive/SSD manufacturer supplies.

I cannot get into windows to run any type of utilities. But as I mentioned I have tried with another set of RAM and another hard drive. more errors.

MemTest86+ has a bootable ISO for download, so you don't need Windows to run it. Same goes for many harddrive/SSD utilities.

8 minutes ago, TheDelphiDude said:

MemTest86+ has a bootable ISO for download, so you don't need Windows to run it. Same goes for many harddrive/SSD utilities.

Just loaded it to a usb drive, running now, It's showing nothing BUT errors but this program also seems very old? It's last update was 2013 and does not even read it as DDR4, it's showing DDR3..

Just now, Patrity said:

Just loaded it to a usb drive, running now, It's showing nothing BUT errors but this program also seems very old? It's last update was 2013 and does not even read it as DDR4, it's showing DDR3..

It might be old, but it's definitely working okay. Showing DDR4 as DDR3 is merely a cosmetic issue.

If it immediataly starts showing errors, there is definitely something wrong with either your RAM, memory slots or CPU's memory controller. For now I'd try testing the memory modules one by one and slot by slot. If module 1 fails in slot 1, but module 2 doesn't fail in slot 1, it's the module. If module 1 fails in slot 1, but not slot 2, it's the slot.

But those memory errors are most definitely the cause of the errors during the Windows installation.

16 minutes ago, TheDelphiDude said:

It might be old, but it's definitely working okay. Showing DDR4 as DDR3 is merely a cosmetic issue.

If it immediataly starts showing errors, there is definitely something wrong with either your RAM, memory slots or CPU's memory controller. For now I'd try testing the memory modules one by one and slot by slot. If module 1 fails in slot 1, but module 2 doesn't fail in slot 1, it's the module. If module 1 fails in slot 1, but not slot 2, it's the slot.

But those memory errors are most definitely the cause of the errors during the Windows installation.

Well Mr. Delphi It seems as if slot 3 is no good. My old man will have to settle for 8GB of RAM for now.

Thank you so much! Seems like Windows is now installing properly.

I assume RAM can be corrupted as well from a hard restart during a windows update?