can't set custom refresh rate to 144hz with intel manager

imajerec

monitor : aoc c24g1
mobo : gigabyte b360m aorus gaming 3
cpu : intel i3 8100
gpu: uhd 630

the maximum it supports from windows is 120hz. i instaled the driver from aoc website.,the monitor is detected in device manager

i used the hdmi cable that came with the monitor. in the monitors manual it states that it can support 144hz via HDMI. both monitor and mobo hdmi port are 1.4
can't raise it higher than 120hz.(which is the current refresh rate i'm using right now)
tried custom resolution in intel manager. width 1920 height 1080 , refresh rate 144 ,cvt-rb. and i get the followin error mesage : ''the custom resolution exceed the maximum bandwitch capacity'(if i enable ''interlace mode'' the custom refresh rate/resolution is created , 144i hz , but it doesn't work as in windows is detected as 59hz, with ufo test as well 60hz )
any ideas? i'll buy in the near future an integrated gpu but for now i really wanna test it on 144hz.

Buy a different HDMI cable, or use the NVIDIA or Windows display settings to set your refresh rate to 144.

1 minute ago, Gamerman3245 said:

Buy a different HDMI cable, or use the NVIDIA or Windows display settings to set your refresh rate to 144.

i have tested with another hdmi cable i had in my house it doesn't work. the original hdmi cable the monitor came with should be ok i suppose. in windows display settings the maximum refresh rate i can set is 120hz as i already stated above. i didn't try nvidia since i don't have an nvidia gpu

1 minute ago, imajerec said:

i have tested with another hdmi cable i had in my house it doesn't work. the original hdmi cable the monitor came with should be ok i suppose. in windows display settings the maximum refresh rate i can set is 120hz as i already stated above. i didn't try nvidia since i don't have an nvidia gpu

Maybe check in your BIOS and see if there is some sort of setting that is preventing you to go higher than 120?

Just now, Gamerman3245 said:

Maybe check in your BIOS and see if there is some sort of setting that is preventing you to go higher than 120?

i really doubt it . are you aware of such settings regarding refresh rate in bios?

Just now, imajerec said:

i really doubt it . are you aware of such settings regarding refresh rate in bios?

I have no clue. Your talking to the guy with a 10 year old PC that’s BIOS is from 2009. Just giving ideas on what to do.

Intel UHD Graphics is not really display overclocking friendly like nVidia and AMD solutions.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Intel UHD Graphics is not really display overclocking friendly like nVidia and AMD solutions.

the monitor supports 144hz so it's not really an OC. do you know any other tool with which i can safely create a custom resolution?

3 minutes ago, imajerec said:

the monitor supports 144hz so it's not really an OC. do you know any other tool with which i can safely create a custom resolution?

The thing is... it depends on the motherboard video support/layout... depends on the cables... depends on ports... Intel integrated graphics is always meant for 60hz screens, try anything above that and you'll have a hard time... just google the issue you'll see endless instances of this problem and coming to a fix is really not straightforwards because of the many possible issues.

I understand you really want to experience 144hz but until you do get a dedicated card that's unlikely... I'm sorry.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

The thing is... it depends on the motherboard video support/layout... depends on the cables... depends on ports... Intel integrated graphics is always meant for 60hz screens, try anything above that and you'll have a hard time... just google the issue you'll see endless instances of this problem and coming to a fix is really not straightforwards because of the many possible issues.

I understand you really want to experience 144hz but until you do get a dedicated card that's unlikely... I'm sorry.

well i already said that the montitor and mobo hdmi are 1.4 which supports pefectly fine 144hz as stated in various sources. i also can naturaly set it to 120hz from windows(i keep on repeating the same stuff read please what i already said )(so it seems like uhd  630 it's' not limited to 60hz) and it works fine in games. i've played dota 2 on low and achieved 120+ fps and worked smoothly