Replacing Killer 1535 Wifi Card

sseehra141

Hey Guys,

I am planning on replacing the Killer 1535 Wifi Card in my Dell XPS 15 9570 with a Intel 9260 wifi card? I understand how to physically replace the wifi card, but I am not sure what I need to do on the windows software side to do this replacement. I am assuming I would need to download the drivers for the Intel 9260 wifi card before I do the replacement. But, do I need to uninstall the Killer software and drivers before I do the replacement as well? If so, how would I go about uninstalling all of the Killer software and drivers from my computer? If someone could possibly provide me instructions, I would really appreciate it, since I have look online without much success.

Why not upgrade to the Intel AX200?  There's not much in the price so why not go for the very latest?

As for uninstalling the Killer Software, its done the same as any other software from Programs and Features. (if on Win10)

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Thanks for the help. How would I go about removing all of the necessary drivers though? Also, I decided to opt for the Intel 9260 since I do not have a Wifi 6 router, and as such I do not think there would not be a noticeable difference in the performance if I am still on Wifi 5. Furthermore, I already bought the Intel 9260 wifi card, to my dismay.

1 minute ago, sseehra141 said:

Thanks for the help. How would I go about removing all of the necessary drivers though? Also, I decided to opt for the Intel 9260 since I do not have a Wifi 6 router, and as such I do not think there would not be a noticeable difference in the performance if I am still on Wifi 5.

There probably wont, but considering its the direct upgrade to the 9260, why go for an older model?

I upgraded from an 8265 to the AX200 and never bothered to uninstall the drivers to be honest.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

That is true. Thank you so much for your help. I will try to see if I can return the card. Also, in your case, I believe you did not even need to install a new wifi driver since I believe the driver for the 8000/9000/ and AX200 series are the same on the Intel website.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, Alex Atkin UK said:

There probably wont, but considering its the direct upgrade to the 9260, why go for an older model?

I upgraded from an 8265 to the AX200 and never bothered to uninstall the drivers to be honest.

Hey Alex, I just wanted to thank you again for your advice. I just replaced the Killer 1535 wifi card in my Dell XPS with the Intel AX200NGW chip you recommended. My wifi speeds practically tripled, from 100 MBPs down to 313 MBPs down. Plus, my computer seems to be more "reactive" when I load web pages. 

7 minutes ago, sseehra141 said:

Hey Alex, I just wanted to thank you again for your advice. I just replaced the Killer 1535 wifi card in my Dell XPS with the Intel AX200NGW chip you recommended. My wifi speeds practically tripled, from 100 MBPs down to 313 MBPs down. Plus, my computer seems to be more "reactive" when I load web pages. 

Glad to hear it, I must admit I saw no improvements over the card I had before but I AM keeping a close eye on a WiFi 6 AP upgrade so figured it was a safer bet.

Unfortunately I'm not having the same luck upgrading my gaming laptop to the AX201, where I would most benefit from WiFi 6.