Any way to turn off a display?

K i a r a

Hey,

So I am new to the whole 2 monitor thing, and some times I only want to use 1 Monitor at times, but if I just turn it off, its still "on" like I still can drag things to it and such even though it's off.

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

Yup, just turn off the monitor, keep in mind though, windows may still disconnect it after you turn it off, but usually it will still keep it as an "active" display even if you hear the disconnect noise from windows.

Use some program like DisplayFusion and create shortcut to single / multiple monitor configuration. If you have only 2 monitors, you don't need special software - WIN+P is all you need.

53 minutes ago, K i a r a said:

Hey,

So I am new to the whole 2 monitor thing, and some times I only want to use 1 Monitor at times, but if I just turn it off, its still "on" like I still can drag things to it and such even though it's off.

HDMI and DVI have the monitor's ID chip powered by the source device, so if the monitor is off or even unplugged, the source device will still be able to see it. If your monitor has DisplayPort, that would probably work better for this situation, since DP doesn't have that capability.