Frontend to Backend

Nano Adam

I am a developer at the beginning point of just being done with Frontend and Python Backend. The channel Kalle Hallden is working on an app with Flutter as the front end and Flask as the backend. How do you incorporate two different technologies together? 

I am not looking for a full explanation, just a quick one. 

1 minute ago, ammar_code said:

How do you incorporate two different technologies together? 

That's way too vague of a question. If you're referring to flutter and flask they are just frameworks, how you use them together depends on what you want to achieve. Broadly speaking the frontend will rely on the backend for data persistence and will ask for stuff like login information or database entries depending on what the user needs to access.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I mean like how would someone incorporate Python as a backend and use React JS in the front end?  

2 hours ago, ammar_code said:

I mean like how would someone incorporate Python as a backend and use React JS in the front end?  

As long as you have some kind of protocol in place to pass information back and forth, the two parts can communicate with each other. The type of connection used depends on what you hope to achieve and how you want them to communicate.

Discord: Breadpudding#9078

GitHub: https://github.com/cbpudding

Programming Guild: https://discord.gg/7ZVbxXT

9 hours ago, ammar_code said:

It doesn't matter (in principle) what language you use to write the backend; as long as it can receive requests and return the required values it will work. There are some frameworks for python (e.g. django) that allow you to develop everything in python which is then converted into JS where necessary but that's an extra.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would not recommend to start with a framework (not even in C) unless you understand what it is supposed to do.

Write in C.

I've used Django before and Flask. I know my backend languages. If I am not mistaken, For Example you mean like have a server hosting user data and then have React fetch the data through maybe an API or have Swift do it. 

26 minutes ago, ammar_code said:

I've used Django before and Flask. I know my backend languages. If I am not mistaken, For Example you mean like have a server hosting user data and then have React fetch the data through maybe an API or have Swift do it. 

Create the APIs using your backend of choice, then call them using whatever http library you want from your frontend. For React I've used axios, swift you can just use  URLSession or a 3rd party library like Alamofire if you prefer

Thanks to all of the people who supported me on this journey.