Computer reboots in PUBG for no reason

Hi,

Computer reboot itself automatically sometimes in PUBG for no reason.

- Set BIOS to default gave the same result

- Set all OC to off gave the same result

- Restart on error option in Windows performance settings is turned off

- All drivers up to dates

- Performance is perfectly fine temps are good as usual on cpu and gpu

- Reinstalled PUBG

At this point, should I look into PSU / SSD  ?

The auto reboot doesn't give any blue screen or info

Any ideas ?

Outside of PUBG I had no problems but I might need to test with another game for longer sessions to see if it only happens in pubg but so far it looks like it's only related to pubg

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

What type of reboot is it? A hard instant shutdown followed by powering back on?

Yes Exactly, any ideas ?

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

2 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Yes Exactly, any ideas ?

That can often mean not enough power.

It's been a while so I don't remember exactly but I believe an overheat just shuts it down. Doesn't power back on.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

That can often mean not enough power.

It's been a while so I don't remember exactly but I believe an overheat just shuts it down. Doesn't power back on.

Yea... got a 650W brand new... doesn't make any sense... and don't have this issue for any other games or like even if I run a benchmark for 24h

2 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Yea... got a 650W brand new... doesn't make any sense... and don't have this issue for any other games or like even if I run a benchmark for 24h

650W is usually more than enough but what are you powering with it?

46 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

650W is usually more than enough but what are you powering with it?

Just my signature, nothing else

If it would be PSU issue it would reboot while other games as well and benchmarks etc.. right so at this point im starting to point PUBG as a major failure game lol i know its plenty of bugs but it will be the first time I have a game making my computer reboot all the time for no reason like th at

tho it wouldnt surprise me with pubg...

For the heck of it I would check temps again. There are more components than just CPU/GPU there's VRMs, mosphets, etc and if they get too hot it can cause problems. Programs like HWMonitor should show you temps for ever sensor it can find. Stress the system again and see if any seem abnormally high. It's possible pubg could be the one program that just pushes it over the edge.

For the heck of it I would check temps again. There are more components than just CPU/GPU there's VRMs, mosphets, etc and if they get too hot it can cause problems. Programs like HWMonitor should show you temps for ever sensor it can find. Stress the system again and see if any seem abnormally high. It's possible pubg could be the one program that just pushes it over the edge.

I know right !!

I can play BF V for hours with gpu being 100% used all the time and cpu way more used than in PUBG and the computer never restart :S

Temps are fine with HWM as well while gaming in pubg

this problem is so weird :S Maybe I should try and format clean windows idk

Since the problem is only with 1 software and all hardware and other software works as intended perfectly I don't see how the hardware can be the issue

I blame the game lol

Update :

While I was writing my last post, for the first time, the computer did reboot on itself, I wasnt in PUBG, not even alt tabed.

So I opened the case and verified all connections entirely from psu side , motherbnoard side, as well as all other component and found 1 thing :

A little but still obvious "slack" in a memory stick.

Even if that's stupid, I hope that was the issue , we will see xD

20 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Update :

While I was writing my last post, for the first time, the computer did reboot on itself, I wasnt in PUBG, not even alt tabed.

So I opened the case and verified all connections entirely from psu side , motherbnoard side, as well as all other component and found 1 thing :

Because you literally did everything that I would have suggested, like set OC to stock, reinstall software, reinstall drivers, new power supply etc etc etc...for weird issues like this, it is normally due to a ram stick not fully seated or a bent pin on the CPU. I really hope that you solved it lol

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

19 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Update :

A memory stick not fully inserted? It's possible. it the issue is in any way a physical short it'll trigger over-current protection in the PSU. That usually requires hitting the switch on the PSU though to reset it.

9 minutes ago, Tom H said:

Because you literally did everything that I would have suggested, like set OC to stock, reinstall software, reinstall drivers, new power supply etc etc etc...for weird issues like this, it is normally due to a ram stick not fully seated or a bent pin on the CPU. I really hope that you solved it lol

9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

A memory stick not fully inserted? It's possible. it the issue is in any way a physical short it'll trigger over-current protection in the PSU. That usually requires hitting the switch on the PSU though to reset it.

I know right guys ! I have been using this comp for 3 years now, never had an issue, but I realise I move the tower seomtimes to vaccum under my desk you know, could have been the result of a slack RAM stick !

So far so good played entire pubg game and its good

i have to say when I was typing my other post and then for the first time the comp restarted without me being in PUBG, The computer kept restarting after, I wouldn't even reach windows or post

So that would make sense that, the ram stick was kinda okay to work but then I must have hit the tower with my knee hard just nought to move the ram stick a bit more so that contact was not correctly made anymore and result of the escalating reboots of my computer...

bad writing i know im high but glad that issue seems to be fixed, i will update if not, but so far looks good

cheers guys !

On 7/21/2019 at 10:07 PM, Windows7ge said:

On 7/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, Tom H said:

Update guys : PUBG still make my PC reboot. If I play for more than 1-2 hour it will reboot for sure, sometimes would reboot within 5 min or 15 its kinda random

Played other games that had my cpu/gpu more utilized as per hwmonitor, had same temps or even like 1-2C higher temps in other games, but never had a single issue, no reboots at all

Temps are not higher than 71 for the gpu and 75 for the cpu and those are peaks

anything else in hwmonitor is fine as well

I did reconnect all PC parts except CPU and CPU heatsink

The problem is so strange... I am going to format quickly now to see if that could be the issue idk at this point what it could be the PSU seems perfectly fine in any other situation that stress any parts wayy more than pubg...

will report after format i guess :S i know not much you guys can help but anyway if u have any ideas... malwarebytes reports 0 threads found tho

- What about going to computer parts buying new 750W PSU and return within 30 days if I still have the restart issue in PUBG ? good idea or useless ? This 650W EVGA that I use is ~1 year old...

I just don't know what else to test/troubleshoot