Case Fan setup

Xiauj

Hey,

So whilst I'm in the middle of swapping out My current case and moving to a new one and adding a couple extra parts, My knowledge is a bit rusty about what Case-Fans are good at the moment xD. I'm thinking about getting some NOCTUA Case Fans or possibly beQuiet! Case Fans whilst I'm swapping to My new SilverStone GD09B HTPC ATX Case.

My setup will be:

Spoiler

For the INTAKE/FRONT:

2x 120mm Fans on the Right side of Case

1x 120mm Fan of the Left side of Case

For the EXHAUST/REAR:

2x 80mm Fans

So, does anyone know of some pretty good 120mm Fans and 80mm Fans? Preferably mostly the same performance/aesthetic wise :P

I believe NOCTUA has some really good fans but I dunno cos' like I said earlier, My knowledge is a bit rusty, lol.

Thanks

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

Noctua definitely makes some of the best 80mm fans on the market, due t the fact that not many people make 80mm fans. 

As for 120mm fans, do you value prce to performance, or performance/noise over all other factors?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Noctua definitely makes some of the best 80mm fans on the market, due t the fact that not many people make 80mm fans. 

Ok cool, good to know. I knew they were good a while back but just wanted to make sure they're good currently.

I saw some NOCTUA NF-A8 fans, are they good performance wise and pretty quiet?

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

As for 120mm fans, do you value prce to performance, or performance/noise over all other factors?

I don't mind either ^ As long as its NOCTUA and that they go along nicely with the 2x 80mm fans for good performance and quietness seeing as they have both, I think. :P

3 hours ago, Xiauj said:

I saw some NOCTUA NF-A8 fans, are they good performance wise and pretty quiet?

Cant say I have experience with 80mm fans in general, but here's their stats sheet

image.png.3cc8161b91b234cd53610c2d041439ed.png

17db max is pretty quiet, but it wont move a butt-ton of air or anything. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

-snip-

Hmm.. I could possibly go with something like, 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm Fans (INTAKE) and 2x Noctua NF-A8 80mm Fans.

Hopefully that won't cause issues with the temperatures etc..

Hmm. Interesting. Will have to think on that one, for now o.O lol

7 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Hmm.. I could possibly go with something like, 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 120mm Fans (INTAKE) and 2x Noctua NF-A8 80mm Fans.

Hopefully that won't cause issues with the temperatures etc..

Hmm. Interesting. Will have to think on that one, for now o.O lol

Mostly depends on how quiet you want the setup to be, and how much you wanna pay for it. Three NF-A12x25's is $90

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Mostly depends on how quiet you want the setup to be, and how much you wanna pay for it. Three NF-A12x25's is $90

My thoughts exactly ;) lol. Will have to think about it. I forgot how much fans were until I looked on PCPP a few hours ago.

Last time I purchased fans was in like.. 2016? I think xD

It's a huge shame that there isn't a similar GD09B case but with space for 140mm Fans or even a 120mm exhaust or something :| Would have saved Me some money haha

What are your specs? You might not need so many fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.