A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

36 minutes ago, thesteamy said:

Another thing I've discovered... seems I need to blacklist the driver before I can blacklist via device id. so for my NiC that is proxmox management meant I had to do it via console CLI, Blacklist drive > blackilist device ID > un black list driver + just the device ID post on the NiC stay vfio

And not sure if a quirk of IPMI but rather than reboot I need to power cycle the whole box

So I think I have made it. Hope my random updates help someone.

Thanks,

That's strange considering you shouldn't need to blacklist the driver to blacklist based on Device ID. It defeats the purpose.

If you're saying you find you can turn the driver back on system-wide but vfio stays on the device you want that's an interesting bug but if it works it works.

Even when I wrote this tutorial the devs didn't have official documentation on HOW to implement VFIO. They just told you how to enable the driver modules. Everything we do here is experimental and for the community. If you find something that works it's worth noting and sharing.

Myself I'm thinking of buying a Quadro P1000 and using it w/ GPU pass-through for light VM use. It supports NVENC Gen 6 so hopefully it works with PARSEC and being a Quadro I hope it doesn't require a monitor be attatched.