Mechanical Keyboard

estebes

Hi. I'm currently looking for a mechanical keyboard (never used one) and i my bet will probably be the 6gv2. The "problem" is the switches and since i program a lot browns would probably be better. My budget is about 100€ (about 110$). I live in Portugal so brands like filco, ducky, wasd and so on are not available. Since i don't want nothing from razer is the 6gv2 a good bet? I would love to know if someone ever used a zowie celeritas since it has brown switches and i have a ec1 evo which i love (great build quality). Anyway, would love some help.

i7 3770 - 16GB Patriot 1866 Mhz ddr3 - ASRock z77 extreme 6 - Radeon 7870 - Corsair 600T white - Kingston HyperX 120GB 

coolermaster kb can be had with any key you want. Even green ones.(idk of any other compagny that makes these (they re blue switches with a black spring aka a harder blue))

I have both a quickfire rapid(blue) and a quickfire pro(brown) and they re good.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Agreed. CM Quickfire Pros with brown keys would be a great choice. My friend got one with the computer I built him just a few months ago. He loves it.

I would suggest the CMStorm Trigger with Cherry MX Blue switches. Everybody likes blue switches, and you can get it for $69.99 on Newegg (including a $25 Mail In Rebate).

Everybody except people you live with...and possibly neighbours. ;)

Also Newegg doesn't ship internationally., unfortunately.

The Logitech G710+ with Cherry MX Browns are a good choice for a mechanical keyboard. Each keycap on this keyboard has included O-rings to dampen the sound. Not sure if you have this in your country.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would sugguest the Logitech G710+ or CM Quickfire for brown switches. :)
I have been eyeballing them for a while but I havent had the money to afford one.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

I love the Blues in my Storm Trigger but they are definitely a bit too loud. I haven't tried O-Rings but I'd say Browns are the best choice if you don't want the noise.

The Storm Trigger is a great keyboard too. The macro part of the software can be a bit tedious to get working properly, but the keyboard itself is very solid. The wrist-rest is nice too, if you like them.

I have a CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Blue switch) and I can say that I love it, it is a good solid keyboard and at a pretty good price point. They also come in Black and Brown switches i believe. 

At your budget I'd go with any CM Storm keyboard that appeals to you the most. If you don't need/want a number pad go with a Quick Fire Rapid(QFR). If you want one look at Quick Fire TK, Trigger, and Quick Fire Pro. Which ever one fits in your budget and what appeals to you. And if I were you go with Cherry MX Browns, if you've never owned a mechanical keyboard and have no way of accessing keyboards of all switch types browns are the safest transition. I haven't met a single person who disliked browns for some reason. Common complaints with other switches are around the lines of Red- too light Black - too heavy Blue - too loud Green- too heavy + too loud, etc. Cooler Master Storm products have amazing build quality and my QFR with Blues is great, I hope you can come to conclusion easily.

I think i'll wait for some good offers to appear since the cm storm quickfire rapid is also not available :p Thanks for the help.

i7 3770 - 16GB Patriot 1866 Mhz ddr3 - ASRock z77 extreme 6 - Radeon 7870 - Corsair 600T white - Kingston HyperX 120GB 

+1 for the Quick Fire Rapid.

FX-8320 @ 4.2Ghz. 8GB ADATA RAM. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 4. 64GB SSD 2TB HD. Sapphire HD 6770. NZXT Phantom 410. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid - Cherry Blue. CM Storm Inferno mouse. TT Esports Cronos.

Zowie Celeritas is a good keyboard. SteelSeries is also good. CM Storm keyboards are also very good. A lot of these are good for the money. You might also want to think about size of the keyboard you want. If you want something smaller, a Quick Fire Rapid would be a good choice. If you prefer full size and want to number pad, 6Gv2 and Celeritas are also good.

Is it possible to find a place and try the keyboards out? It's best to try them out yourself to see which switches you like best.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I say, Rapid for TKL or Trigger for full length~ Excellent keyboards for the price