Need help with a home family entertainment build

JayzSub

My family plays a lot of Nintendo Switch, playstation, emulator and e-sports games and watch movies/animes. So me and my brother decided to do an entertainment system that can almost everything in a system. 

Monitor :???

Case : Silverstone RVZ03-W (my brother's old case from his "ghost build") 

CPU : Ryzen 3600 6 core 12 threads (on backorder) 

Motherboard : MSI B450I Gaming ac wifi (from my brother's "ghost" rig) 

R.A.M : G.skill Trident Z RGB Royal 3200mhrz cl 14 16gb silver (from my brother's "ghost" rig) 

Graphics Card :??? 

Adata nvme ssd 512gb (os/steam/emulator/idsa controllers) - (from "ghost" rig) 

Crucial MX500 1tb ssd (games/videos) - (from "ghost" rig) 

HGST 2tb 2.5 inch hdd ( Emulated games) - (bought yesterday) 

Corsair SF700 Platinum (bought it yesterday on sale) o

(wireless keyboard/mouse, 4 wireless /2 wired Xbox controllers) 

Task : play emulator games, store movies/animes, triple A games, racing games, steam games, e-sports games. 

Questions 

Monitor : monitor wise should we go with a 4K TV or a 4K 60hrtz monitor or 1440p 144hrtz?

(budget on monitor /TV is $900)

Graphics card : my brother can't decide between the rtx 2080ti or the rx5700xt

(budget for graphics card $1200) 

(wish the 2080 super was out) 

Thanks for the help. 

*IDSA - integrated digital system app controller. (for full house app controller) 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

2 hours ago, JayzSub said:

Graphics card : my brother can't decide between the rtx 2080ti or the rx5700xt

(budget for graphics card $1200) 

If you have those as your options, i geuss the 2080ti would win over the 5700, as performance wise the 5700 is on par with a 2070 super. But the question is do you want/need RTX? Maybe even an 1080ti would do the trick and save you a few bucks.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

2 hours ago, JayzSub said:

My family plays a lot of Nintendo Switch, playstation, emulator and e-sports games and watch movies/animes.

my experience tells me you need a few systems (large TV and a monitor at least) and not one combined, otherwise you will be arguing all day fighting to use the TV/ monitor... 

Hi, from what i understand, you plan on running several device emulators on that platform, so you should go for the 4K TV, even if it's only 60Hz, as it is more futureproof and suitable for movies, and if you plan on running various emulators, you are looking at a GTX 1080TI, or even an RTX 2080TI, to be sure you achieve 4k in those emulators, especially in Yuzu, where i get between 50-65 FPS in Super Mario Odyssey, with an i9-9900K and RTX 2080TI. If you still plan on going with the RX 5600XT, you might run into support loss in the near future, as AMD is unreliable in my experience, explaining why i go with Intel and nVidia on anything. You should also change the motherboard in the future, with a x570 chipset, to allow you to get the most out of that CPU. Hope i helped you, have a nice day. 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, dosdoktor said:

Hi, from what i understand, you plan on running several device emulators on that platform, so you should go for the 4K TV, even if it's only 60Hz, as it is more futureproof and suitable for movies, and if you plan on running various emulators, you are looking at a GTX 1080TI, or even an RTX 2080TI, to be sure you achieve 4k in those emulators, especially in Yuzu, where i get between 50-65 FPS in Super Mario Odyssey, with an i9-9900K and RTX 2080TI. If you still plan on going with the RX 5600XT, you might run into support loss in the near future, as AMD is unreliable in my experience, explaining why i go with Intel and nVidia on anything. You should also change the motherboard in the future, with a x570 chipset, to allow you to get the most out of that CPU. Hope i helped you, have a nice day. 

Thanks for the advice I'll let my brother know and see what he says, about switching to Intel. 

On 7/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

my experience tells me you need a few systems (large TV and a monitor at least) and not one combined, otherwise you will be arguing all day fighting to use the TV/ monitor... 

Hmm that could become an issue but we do play Mario party on the weekends

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.)