Need help finding a motherboard.

I'm building a pc and have most of the parts picked, the only thing I still need is a motherboard that I can overclock on and that will support my specs. I'm interested in gaming (Counter strike, Fallout, PUBG, Apex, ext.).

Willing to spend up to like $250(USD)

Specs:

- CPU: i7 7700k

- CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

- GPU: Geforce RTX 2060

- PSU: EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200MHz

- SSD: Crucial MX500 500gb

- HDD: Seagate 500gb 7200rpm

(Haven't bought most of the parts get so if I should change anything feel free to let me know)

6 minutes ago, --Karma-- said:

CPU: i7 7700k

You're spending premium on a last gen part. Grab a Ryzen 5 3600 instead, with a B450 tomahawk, and be done with it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You're spending premium on a last gen part. Grab a Ryzen 5 3600 instead, with a B450 tomahawk, and be done with it

I already have the processor thats the issue. Like the only part I'm not upgrading.

Just now, --Karma-- said:

I already have the processor thats the issue. Like the only part I'm not upgrading.

oh, it was from a previous build?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

oh, it was from a previous build?

Ya, my previous build was a budget build but I had an i7 due to editing and rendering. Thats why I'm upgrading like all of my parts.

1 minute ago, --Karma-- said:

Ya, my previous build was a budget build but I had an i7 due to editing and rendering. Thats why I'm upgrading like all of my parts.

In that case try this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-PRIME-Z270-A-LGA-1151-Intel-Z270-HDMI-SATA-6Gb-s-USB-3-1-Motherboard/202728831286?hash=item2f33947936%3Ag%3An-MAAOSw3jZdI3xk&LH_BIN=1

basic and inexpensive, with room for a minor OC (which is what you'd be limited to with that H60 anyways) and lots of features like good I/O.

Have you already bought the PCU cooler? A cheap AIO isn't worth much over a cheap tower cooler, the coolermaster hyper 212 black is cheaper than that H60 and will fulfill your needs.

Primary PC:

40 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

In that case try this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-PRIME-Z270-A-LGA-1151-Intel-Z270-HDMI-SATA-6Gb-s-USB-3-1-Motherboard/202728831286?hash=item2f33947936%3Ag%3An-MAAOSw3jZdI3xk&LH_BIN=1

basic and inexpensive, with room for a minor OC (which is what you'd be limited to with that H60 anyways) and lots of features like good I/O.

Have you already bought the PCU cooler? A cheap AIO isn't worth much over a cheap tower cooler, the coolermaster hyper 212 black is cheaper than that H60 and will fulfill your needs.

Yes, I did buy the cooler but thanks for the help with the mb.

Follow up question; would I be able to overclock better on the prime in the future following an upgrade on the cooler, or would it not be worth it?

51 minutes ago, --Karma-- said:

Yes, I did buy the cooler but thanks for the help with the mb.

Follow up question; would I be able to overclock better on the prime in the future following an upgrade on the cooler, or would it not be worth it?

Depending on the quality of your CPU, you may be able to get quite the performance boost. The prime isn't a high quality OC board but it's serviceable for moderate clock speed increases, if you're getting your lowest voltage possible.

Primary PC: