Steam VR floor fix with 1st gen Oculus

steelo

Hi everyone,

I've been having issues in Steam games not registering my floor correctly. It was extremely annoying because if I dropped an object in the game and go to bend down to get it, I couldn't reach down far enough to pick it up (even if I'm touching the floor). Well, I downloaded steam advanced settings and performed the 'floor fix' calibration. It works beautifully, however every time I restart my PC or steam, I'm having to run the floor fix calibration again. How can I make the changes permanent?

17 hours ago, 41keems said:

Ah yes, I too have the same issue.

It's not a huge deal because I can just click on steam 'advanced settings' at any time and fix. It's annoying though that you have to calibrate it EVERY TIME you run certain games, like Onward. I usually turn my PC off after use so I don't know if it will hold the settings if you keep steam open all of the time.

So far, I've really disliked steams overall platform.

3 hours ago, steelo said:

It's not a huge deal because I can just click on steam 'advanced settings' at any time and fix. It's annoying though that you have to calibrate it EVERY TIME you run certain games, like Onward. I usually turn my PC off after use so I don't know if it will hold the settings if you keep steam open all of the time.

So far, I've really disliked steams overall platform.

Me too. I like tha lab though. I also got some more vr games.

1 hour ago, 41keems said:

Me too. I like tha lab though. I also got some more vr games.

I've been playing the heck out of ST bridge crew the past 5 months, but I'm finally beginning to get bored with it and the ST online community is slowly dwindling away. Onward and superhot are the 2 games I'm finding that a floor 'recalibration' are required every time I run them - uber annoying when I just want to relax and play a game. 

Oculus home seems to be set up much nicer and I rarely encounter any of the errors I see in steam. They just really don't have games that interest me in the Oculus 'store'

9 hours ago, steelo said:

I've been playing the heck out of ST bridge crew the past 5 months, but I'm finally beginning to get bored with it and the ST online community is slowly dwindling away. Onward and superhot are the 2 games I'm finding that a floor 'recalibration' are required every time I run them - uber annoying when I just want to relax and play a game. 

Oculus home seems to be set up much nicer and I rarely encounter any of the errors I see in steam. They just really don't have games that interest me in the Oculus 'store'

Hey bud I think I found the issue. Run steam vr, in your library click on game on the right side of the search bar, go down a bit and click on vr. You should see an application called room setup :) If you need anymore help lmk.

34 minutes ago, 41keems said:

Hey bud I think I found the issue. Run steam vr, in your library click on game on the right side of the search bar, go down a bit and click on vr. You should see an application called room setup :) If you need anymore help lmk.

Thanks so much, I think that fixed it! =)