Is this a good benchmark score?

Mando772004
Go to solution Solved by TheTallGuy,

That's a pretty amazing score you have got there. I have seen people that could only hit 130FPS with a Ryzen 7 1700 and a GTX 1080 Ti.

37 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Mind you my cooling isnt very good

I saw that while running heaven your GPU hit 68c and that is absolutely normal for a GTX 1660 Ti.

Just used heaven for benchmark to test if my pc performs well but i cant be sure so i need anyone to tell me if my pc is running the way it should and people with similar rigs arent getting higher scores.

Specs: GTX 1660 ti 6gb zotac amp edition

Ballistix sport 3000mhz 8x2 16gb ram ddr4 (xmp enabled)

Ryzen 5 2400g using stock cooler and base clock 3.6Ghz

Mind you my cooling isnt very good but i hope someone can tell me if im getting the scores i should be getting.

1611643594_UnigineHeaven4.0demoScreenshot2019_07.10-09_27_38_03.thumb.png.6ab61e257ec8fca09a70c27d84342936.pngHere you can see my scores i have the graphics set to high and AA off cuz when i had it on 8x i got a score of like 2400 and something cant really remember sorry. Also why does it say that my gpu is 4095MB isnt a 1660 ti 6gb?

That's a pretty amazing score you have got there. I have seen people that could only hit 130FPS with a Ryzen 7 1700 and a GTX 1080 Ti.

37 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Mind you my cooling isnt very good

I saw that while running heaven your GPU hit 68c and that is absolutely normal for a GTX 1660 Ti.

My tip is don’t judge your PC solely on benchmark scores.

Judge it against the experience you expect at the resolution you play at.

Tech like GSync and FreeSync help give a superior experience even when your scores may say otherwise.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

8 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

My tip is don’t judge your PC solely on benchmark scores.

Judge it against the experience you expect at the resolution you play at.

Tech like GSync and FreeSync help give a superior experience even when your scores may say otherwise.

Totally agree on that!

23 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

@NineEyeRon Alright thanks man will totally focus on that next time when i want to judge how my pc performs. Cheers mate!

Don’t rule out benchmarks as not useful though, there comes a point where experience doesn’t change.

I find the eye candy in games is great when I’m looking for it, but when I’m in the flow it doesn’t matter too much, as long as it isn’t distracting.

Experience is also personal and very subjective, what is acceptable for me might annoy someone else.

I play at 1080p as I can’t justify higher res for the cost. Others may look at 1080p as almost unplayable!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

@NineEyeRon yeah i agree. i play on 1080p too cuz my pc cant handle anything higher and im honestly happy with the frames im getting! Thanks man!