What cpus can I put in this? + I cant tell if the slots are 16x

Im making a build for a family member, And It seems lga 1366 (Despite the expensive boards, This is cheap hence the post), are the best value for money in terms of the CPU. The build is for gaming and I just need a list or some suggestions of what cpus can go into this board. Alongside this, I need to know if the pcie slots with the green tabs are 16x (Physically, Im pretty sure i just cant tell)

also, Can someone tell me what ram this takes? Im assuming ddr3 but does it need to be ecc?image.png.c4bf8875e195a988d77627439dd72d68.png

Edit:Id like it to have a decent amount of CPU power so it'll last a while before needing a big upgrade.

It can take any of the i7-9XX series CPUs, or anything in the Xeon X56XX series. Any X58 CPU, basically. I think there are some W-series X58 Xeons out there too, but those would be ridiculously expensive and useless for gaming.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the top green slot is x16 physically and mechanically. I'd guess that the bottom green slot is x8 mechanically, but I could be wrong.

IMO, you're better off buying an old Dell Optiplex 390/790/990 motherboard and installing an i7-2600 or i5-2400 than you are going with a non-overclockable X58 board.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

It can take any of the i7-9XX series CPUs, or anything in the Xeon X56XX series. Any X58 CPU, basically. I think there are some W-series X58 Xeons out there too, but those would be ridiculously expensive and useless for gaming.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the top green slot is x16 physically and mechanically. I'd guess that the bottom green slot is x8 mechanically, but I could be wrong.

IMO, you're better off buying an old Dell Optiplex 390/790/990 motherboard and installing an i7-2600 or i5-2400 than you are going with a non-overclockable X58 board.

i guess. im building from scratch I cant really find anything good deal wise, Plus Im buying each part as i go along becuase I cant save for shit. When I think about it a 1155 board + i5/7 would be similar without all the headache of a different form factor and the bios ect.

7 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

i guess. im building from scratch I cant really find anything good deal wise, Plus Im buying each part as i go along becuase I cant save for shit. When I think about it a 1155 board + i5/7 would be similar without all the headache of a different form factor and the bios ect.

The board you've got there isn't a bad deal at all, and X5650 Xeons are dirt cheap these days. The issue is that it's locked, and even a couple years ago when X58 was the bomb-diggity, the real attraction to it was the cheap overclockable Xeons. Taken by itself, an X58 setup is going to be limiting in a lot of ways. The architectural jump to Sandy Bridge was pretty serious.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Another note the hp z series of systems have seemingly normal psu's but they have some swapped connectors making it so you either need an adapter to make it work, og psu or you risk frying the board. Info on the z400 is a bit iffy about it so be warned.

11 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Taken by itself, an X58 setup is going to be limiting in a lot of ways. The architectural jump to Sandy Bridge was pretty serious.

As much as I hate to say it, you are correct.

X58 is really an enthusiast platform at this point.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!