Corsair mp510

HairyPotter

So i have an mp510 m.2 ssd and i want to place it in my msi x470 gaming pro carbon, do i need to remove the huge sticker that says corsair on the m.2 so the motherboards m.2 shield makes contact? Or do i just place it in and thats it

I don't think this is a sticker.

You just plug it in out of the box.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:15 AM, HairyPotter said:

So i have an mp510 m.2 ssd and i want to place it in my msi x470 gaming pro carbon, do i need to remove the huge sticker that says corsair on the m.2 so the motherboards m.2 shield makes contact? Or do i just place it in and thats it

I removed mine, and saved it in the box, since my board (Asus Prime Z390-A) has a heat sink, and I wanted to ensure direct contact. I've noticed any issues with temps, and nothing adverse seems to have occurred in the time since I've done so.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

On 7/9/2019 at 6:02 AM, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

I removed mine, and saved it in the box, since my board (Asus Prime Z390-A) has a heat sink, and I wanted to ensure direct contact. I've noticed any issues with temps, and nothing adverse seems to have occurred in the time since I've done so.

wtf??

Y would u remove the little heatsink the thing had. The sticker serves as a heatsink plus info for user when needed. There is literally no reason to remove it. And yet u did.?‍♂️

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

On 7/6/2019 at 2:15 AM, HairyPotter said:

Just no stop right now. 

Unless otherwise fucking stated in the NON EXISTENT manual that it comes with u do not remove the one thing u could remove. Why do people have to touch what was never supposed to be touched. Geeeez

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

I think i'll just love this wonderfull GURU3d article here which clearly demonstrated that sticker does function as an additional heatspreader (and appears to not be a bad idea to use it as such, too).

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_force_series_mp510_m_2_ssd_review,6.html

If you didn't use any thermal tape/etc. to cover up for the difference i'd strongly suggest to do so! (so anything else then just air probably would be fine!)

4 hours ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

wtf??

Y would u remove the little heatsink the thing had. The sticker serves as a heatsink plus info for user when needed. There is literally no reason to remove it. And yet u did.?‍♂️

My board has one to apply. You do not leave them on, when you use another heatsink, you will cause thermal issues. This is not my first rodeo. system runs fine, drive is well within temp ranges, calm yo tits.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section