How to remove this thing so i can put my gpu in?

silentwrathhh

How do i remove this so i can put my gpu in? Edit: i already tried to remove the screw  but it still doesnt work

157F4555-1E04-4039-8EEA-B3EC3CB4C204.jpeg

Seems like you have to remove the screw on the left on your outline and then the panel would be able to pop out. Are you mounting your GPU sideways in your case, though?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

5 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

Seems like you have to remove the screw on the left on your outline and then the panel would be able to pop out. Are you mounting your GPU sideways in your case, though?

I know how to open the side panel but idk how to remove that lock so i can like slide my gpu in, Also what do u mean by mounting it sideways? im a little dense so yeah

It looks like it's on a hinge, after you take the screw out you simply lift it away

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Which chassis is this? Easier to help if we know.

Idk cuz i really didnt care about the case i just picked one and didnt look at the brand but its an atx case i think

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It looks like it's on a hinge, after you take the screw out you simply lift it away

I tried to lift it without the screw, didnt work. I tried to push it outside from inside the case didnt work also. 

1 minute ago, silentwrathhh said:

I tried to lift it without the screw, didnt work. I tried to push it outside from inside the case didnt work also. 

You can usually find out where it's being held on when you try to use force. Try pulling it off from the outside again and look for where it won't let go

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

So, just to be clear, you undid this screw? And then tried to flip that cover out away from your case? (Those two tabs are low cost hinges)

157F4555-1E04-4039-8EEA-B3EC3CB4C204.thumb.jpeg.e3894e5c5bfe31e7257f4c3b686e894c.jpeg

Unscrew that white screw and then you'll probably have to pull towards you the metal flap (or push a bit to the right and then pull towards you, think of the stuff on the right as a hinge)

Seems like it's just a cover, you'll probably still have screw holes under it, to properly screw the video card to the case. You'll probably also need to remove a second metal bracket, because most video cards nowadays use two slots.

1 hour ago, silentwrathhh said:

I know how to open the side panel but idk how to remove that lock so i can like slide my gpu in, Also what do u mean by mounting it sideways? im a little dense so yeah

What I mean by sideways is that that slot isn't usually used by GPU's or whatever is plugged into the PCI slots. What I gather from your image is that expansion cards use the horizontal slots to the left. (see attached image)

We don't know exactly what case you're using, but if it's really a standard ATX size, your motherboard would be attached vertically so it would use the horizontal slots I mentioned for expansion cards.

EDIT: I also see one slot has already been taken out. Did you do that or was there already something in place there.

157F4555-1E04-4039-8EEA-B3EC3CB4C204.thumb.jpeg.e3894e5c5bfe31e7257f4c3b686e894c.jpeg

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

1 hour ago, Mbowen said:

So, just to be clear, you undid this screw? And then tried to flip that cover out away from your case? (Those two tabs are low cost hinges)

Yes i undid that screw and tried to like, push it outside from the inside and that didnt work so i tried to like push it more harder but that also didnt work

39 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

What I mean by sideways is that that slot isn't usually used by GPU's or whatever is plugged into the PCI slots. What I gather from your image is that expansion cards use the horizontal slots to the left. (see attached image)

We don't know exactly what case you're using, but if it's really a standard ATX size, your motherboard would be attached vertically so it would use the horizontal slots I mentioned for expansion cards.

EDIT: I also see one slot has already been taken out. Did you do that or was there already something in place there.

I removed that slot because i was trying to see if my 1030 would fit and realized it cant because of that lock thingy in the picture

It may be a snapout tab. Cheaper cases do that. Based on the thumbscrews on your case I'd say that case fits the bill. 

57 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Unscrew that white screw and then you'll probably have to pull towards you the metal flap (or push a bit to the right and then pull towards you, think of the stuff on the right as a hinge)

Seems like it's just a cover, you'll probably still have screw holes under it, to properly screw the video card to the case. You'll probably also need to remove a second metal bracket, because most video cards nowadays use two slots.

I’ll try tommorow.. and im really unfamilliar with this new case so sorry if im ignorant