SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless?

Merch_TV

Looking for a new headset. Been on Razer Kraken 2's for probably 2 years, and have been using a turtle beach game amp. Was thinking about going wireless for the first time, as I just upgraded to the G703 wireless mouse and am loving the no cords thing. 

This the best headset in this price range? I could spend probably up to about $200 US, but lower is obviously better. Looking to also get rid of the TB Game amp, since its starting to act up (worked amazingly for about 5 years).

Looking for opinions/suggestions.

Have an Arctis 7 myself and can't really complain about it. Biggest bitch about it is the charge cable is micro USB, so you unfortunately have to use that every other day if you use them quite a bit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, flibberdipper said:

Have an Arctis 7 myself and can't really complain about it. Biggest bitch about it is the charge cable is micro USB, so you unfortunately have to use that every other day if you use them quite a bit.

If thats the biggest issue you can come up with, i am thinking thats a good thing lol. 

15 minutes ago, Merch_TV said:

If thats the biggest issue you can come up with, i am thinking thats a good thing lol. 

Yeah they're generally pretty solid. If anything the fatal flaw of them is that you can't swap the batteries in them. And if you make sure to go into the sound settings and set the mic to 44.1khz, even that sounds pretty good (I can leave it retracted and apparently it's more than good enough for my friends on Discord). One nitpick I have is that the line in on the puck is kinda tight (at least with the cables I have), and along with that you can't set it in software so the headset will go to sleep if there's a line in plugged in (which is rather annoying when I forget to unplug it after using my XP rig and the headset stays on doing nothing for a few hours).

Personally I plan on upgrading to the Arctis Pro Wireless at some point unless Logitech comes up with something damn near exactly like it. From what I can tell, it's an A7 with swappable batteries, friggin Bluetooth, and a nicer "pod." But there's absolutely no way in fuck's name I'm paying upwards of 300 fat ones for it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

28 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Yeah they're generally pretty solid. If anything the fatal flaw of them is that you can't swap the batteries in them. And if you make sure to go into the sound settings and set the mic to 44.1khz, even that sounds pretty good (I can leave it retracted and apparently it's more than good enough for my friends on Discord). One nitpick I have is that the line in on the puck is kinda tight (at least with the cables I have), and along with that you can't set it in software so the headset will go to sleep if there's a line in plugged in (which is rather annoying when I forget to unplug it after using my XP rig and the headset stays on doing nothing for a few hours).

Personally I plan on upgrading to the Arctis Pro Wireless at some point unless Logitech comes up with something damn near exactly like it. From what I can tell, it's an A7 with swappable batteries, friggin Bluetooth, and a nicer "pod." But there's absolutely no way in fuck's name I'm paying upwards of 300 fat ones for it.

Yeah i looked at the Arctis with the game dac, and the pro wireless. The 7's looked like the best value. Do you game? How would the sound be for something like PUBG where you need to be able to hear footsteps and whatnot.

13 minutes ago, Merch_TV said:

Yeah i looked at the Arctis with the game dac, and the pro wireless. The 7's looked like the best value. Do you game? How would the sound be for something like PUBG where you need to be able to hear footsteps and whatnot.

I tend to play Insurgency (Source as well as Sandstorm) and they do a bang-up job of it. All the settings in SSE are stock (flat EQ, no DTS, no dynamic range compression).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

I tend to play Insurgency (Source as well as Sandstorm) and they do a bang-up job of it. All the settings in SSE are stock (flat EQ, no DTS, no dynamic range compression).

Thats good to hear, I am pretty convinced this will be my next headset. 

On 7/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, flibberdipper said:

Ordered those 7's, will be here Tuesday, very excited. Thanks for the info.