Zen 2 stock coolers?

FsyNorth

Do you think that zen 2 will have the old stock coolers? New ones? Will they even have ones? Better than the old ones? I know it’s too early to speculate, but I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.

Same as last gen, Wraith Stealth (65W heat dissipation) for APU and 65W Ryzen, Wraith Spire (95W heat dissipation) for 95W part and Wraith Prism (140W heat dissipation) for 105W part.

Curiously, 3700X, a 65W processor, would comes with Wraith Prism (with RGB LED).

My point is, the horrible thermal and power consumption of Radeon 7 proves it's possible for AMD to screw up even with a newer node. And knowing AMD will push for higher clock speed aggressively made me worried a bit.

But after seeing a 65W 3700X outperforms a 105W 2700X, I think AMD has learned from their mistakes somehow and tries to balance performance and power this time.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

I think it will be the old ones as stated by @SkyHound0202. Wraith Stealth, Wraith Spire and Wraith Prism. Although I rather have no cooler when buying the CPU because I will use my own cooling solution. It'd be nice if AMD shaved off 25-30 euros for when you don't need a cooler.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

5 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Although I rather have no cooler when buying the CPU because I will use my own cooling solution. It'd be nice if AMD shaved 25-30 euros for when you don't need a cooler.

As Precision Boost and eXtended Frequency Range are heavily temperature dependent, I highly recommend any user to use their own better-than-stock cooling system. It's indeed a bizarre decision for AMD to not offer a cooler-less option since it save on packaging and logistics (1800X did not come with cooler).

But hey, at least it does include a somewhat decent cooling in the box, unlike Intel who removed the copper slug from stock cooler and then leave out the cooler for K-series entirely.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

12 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I think it will be the old ones as stated by @SkyHound0202. Wraith Stealth, Wraith Spire and Wraith Prism. Although I rather have no cooler when buying the CPU because I will use my own cooling solution. It'd be nice if AMD shaved off 25-30 euros for when you don't need a cooler.

Honestly I gotta question if the coolers actually add that much to the cost for AMD... I mean their stock coolers are nice, but they still seem comparable to like $15 aftermarket coolers to me; and that's with those aftermarket coolers needing their own packaging, licencing, patents/copyrights, etc.  Plus AMD I'm sure gets some sort of bulk discounting due to their numbers. In the end I'd be surprised if it added more than like $10 to the cost. At which point I think it's worth it just as a back up or for trouble shooting purposes.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas