Hyperlinks don't automatically cut off when pasting links in Firefox

TheKDub

Using Firefox Quantum v67.0.4 (64-bit) on Windows 10 1803.

The issue persists with all extensions disabled.

If I type a hyperlink manually such as https://www.google.com/ it doesn't continue to make the hyperlink after pressing space, however if I paste in a hyperlink and continue typing, https://www.google.com/ this happens. The hyperlink continues regardless of pressing space. The only way I've found to end the hyperlink is by starting a new lne entirely, typing there, then using backspace at the start of the line or delete at the end of the hyperlink to bring it back to that line. The hyperlink also continues if I use shift + enter to break the line.

I did not have this issue while using Google Chrome.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That shouldnt exist because links with spaces in them dont work. I guess its a bug, go tell the mozilla foundation

Things you learn to live with when using non-popular browsers. Line break after link works as temp fix.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Unfortunately this is a long term issue with the editor that we use (CKEditor), which isn't something that we can fix. I don't have any better workarounds for it either I'm afraid.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately this is a long term issue with the editor that we use (CKEditor), which isn't something that we can fix. I don't have any better workarounds for it either I'm afraid.

Darn. I'll just have to make due with starting new lines after pasting links then.

Thanks!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

9 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Darn. I'll just have to make due with starting new lines after pasting links then.

Thanks!

What I do to work around it is I paste the links or add a hyperlink after I've written the whole paragraph.

That seems to work fine most of the time.

2 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

What I do to work around it is I paste the links or add a hyperlink after I've written the whole paragraph.

That seems to work fine most of the time.

I paste link, hit space once then line brake be twenty link and empty space. That way I can continue writing after link.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv