Are there any quick ways to move data onto an mirco sd card?

I have a 256GB mirco sd card arriving tomorrow that i am planning to upgrade from my 128GB one. I have practically filled this card and i would like to move some data over the new card once i get it. I have a 3.0 adapter and have moved the data to my computer but it took a little while and i had to drag and drop each individual file which took quite some time. So are there any methods that allow me to just drag all the files and forget about it until its done? 

Just now, Xetro said:

i had to drag and drop each individual file which took quite some time

why?

open SD card  >  ctrl+a  >  ctrl+c  >  go to destination folder  >  ctrl+v

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

why?

open SD card  >  ctrl+a  >  ctrl+c  >  go to destination folder  >  ctrl+v

When i try to move all the files like that, the file explorer just freezes and crashes. I'm not sure why.

10 minutes ago, Xetro said:

When i try to move all the files like that, the file explorer just freezes and crashes. I'm not sure why.

Does it actually crash or just freeze and you assume it's crashed? If it just seems to freeze, that'd most likely because it's making a list in memory of all the files it has copy and is actually just busy, not frozen.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You can try using Windows Explorer alternatives, like Total Commander for example.

Windows Explorer may try to get metadata information (author,title etc) or create thumbnails when you select all files, so that could make it look like it's freezing while it does that.

SD cards are not good at small reads, random reads, they speed up if you transfer big chunks of data, large files...

You have a 256gb sdcard but a weak computer, how ironic.

Anyway, try xtransfer.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Oh, it turns out that one of the ports on my pc was broken so it kept on disconnecting the usb. I just switched it to a different port and it all transferred fine.