$250 1080p Value Skylake pure gaming rig - Featuring An i5 6600 and an RX 580

RGProductions

Hello Everyone! I've been gone from the forum for a pretty long time, and I figured I would update you all on some of the adventures I had while I was gone. For starters, this build was sold about a month and a half ago, about 3 weeks after it was completed. The goal here was to take some of my spare parts and essentially just make some money. Because of this there aren't a whole lot of pictures, but I think you'll all get the point. I'll go in vaguely chronological order here. Back sometime (late 2016 or so?) I helped a friend of mine upgrade his rig so he could play overwatch better and have better stability (shortly after this he reached top 500). I put in a 7700k into his system, and he gave me his old i5 6600, which was heavily bent on two corners. I have no idea how it happened, but it worked mostly fine except ram channel one did not work. From this point up until about Christmas of 2018, it served in my mom's office PC. Fast forward to roughly then, she gets a laptop and now this CPU comes into my hands. It's still bent, and I get the idea to heat it up with a hairdryer and bend it back. Somehow, I didn't break it, and i managed to flatten it out perfectly, and now I had a fully functional completely free i5 6600, and a plan for this build. At some point over the course of that time the same friend who I got the i5 from upgraded from his h170 motherboard to a z270 board and got a new faster ram kit. I got in touch with him, and bought his H170 board and his 8 gig ram kit for $45. I then got in touch with another friend, and picked up a SPEC-02 case with a few fans for $20, bought an RX 580 off ebay for $110, and a 240 gig SSD for $30. Against the advice of everyone, I bought a referb CX750m for $40, and after sending back a DOA unit, it ended up working totally fine and as far as I know still works to this day. So, here's the breakdown

CPU- i5 6600 free

GPU- RX 580 $110

Mobo & RAM- Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3 & PNY Anarchy 2400mhz 2*4 - $50

Case - SPEC-02 $20
PSU - CX750m - $40

Drives - 24GB Kingston A400 $30

Total cost: $250

In the end, I ended up putting my Magicforce 68 (which developed key chatter), A razer Naga 2014 (which was like $2 at goodwill), and a 1920*1200 monitor from 2009 (also like $10 from goodwill), and some cables, and sold it to some guy on offerup for $475. Easy money. 

Now for some pics of the final PC

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Since it's being dumb and saying i hit the upload limit but i only uploaded like 4 megabytes, here's more pics!

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro