iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Glass Screen?

It's synthetic sapphire, and it will be pointless if Apple is just going to add a coating on top that will scratch easily. 

However, synthetic sapphire is ideal for durability. I've never actually managed to scratch synthetic sapphire on any of my watches. 

Gorilla Glass 3 is slightly flexible, no? Synthetic sapphire isn't and will shatter.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Gorilla glass has been tested. There are several videos on youtube of people trying to damage it. To my knowledge there are no smartphones on the market that have a sapphire display. I said I'm waiting to see tests whether it's a gimmick or not

http://www.vertu.com/en/collections/vertu-ti.aspx

I don't know if the Ulysse Nardin Android ever actually got released. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Gorilla glass has been tested. There are several videos on youtube of people trying to damage it. To my knowledge there are no smartphones on the market that have a sapphire display. I said I'm waiting to see tests whether it's a gimmick or not

Sapphire is something already used for its scratch resistance. I'm waiting to see if this is real as they would have had to overcome some challenges making this viable for full displays. If they are using sapphire displays, it will be quite scratch resistant, much more so than gorilla glass, but being brittle it will break quite easily. It really is only going to be a gimmick if they coat the display with something that makes it scratch easy.

However, synthetic sapphire is ideal for durability. I've never actually managed to scratch synthetic sapphire on any of my watches. 

Just put your watch in a bag of diamonds and shake vigorously.

Sapphire is something already used for its scratch resistance. I'm waiting to see if this is real as they would have had to overcome some challenges making this viable for full displays. If they are using sapphire displays, it will be quite scratch resistant, much more so than gorilla glass, but being brittle it will break quite easily. It really is only going to be a gimmick if they coat the display with something that makes it scratch easy.

So the waiting game begins

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I thought they are using sapphire glass from iPhone 5 it self...is'nt the true?

They use Sapphire glass already on the camera and I believe the fingerprint reader. The screen uses gorilla glass just like pretty much all other smartphones.

So like the original PSP. That had sapphire crystal glass.

No, the original had a cheap plastic. Well, okay not too cheap - but plastic nonetheless. 2000 and 3000 had cheaper plastics though, and didn't have the nice unibody design for the front. They moved to having a seperate bit of plastic covering the screen which wasn't as nice. :(

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I'm not sure what to think about this...

I think it will cost a lot to produce, I'm sure some batches will be flawed.

I think that the dimensions of it will make it incredibly brittle, but I suppose that suits Apple, then again they have been pretty generous with customer service when it comes to accidental damage.

Interested in seeing how this works out... Probably not going to get me to jump over from Android though, sorry Apple :P

Launch price of an iPhone has been $650 for a long time, I can guess with the sapphire screen and other things added, they'll sell it for $750 a be aware that this is on a new 5" screen, they've decided to go big :( I don't know what phone to get in September, 2015, but if there isn't a smaller iPhone, I might have to deal with whatever else there is...

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.