New case and cooler

Hi guys.

Quick question.

I want to buy a new case for under 70 Euros because my current one is small and not well built (Sharkoon VG4-W, about 38Liters of volume). I also want to buy a new cooler for my Ryzen 5 1600 (under 60 euros), but I just don't know what I should get.

I need the case to be able to fit a full ATX motherboard, a big videocard (an XFX 7970), 2 3.5" and 2 2.5" drives.I also need it to be able to fit an air cooler or a 240mm radiator because I'm going to upgrade my CPU cooler.

A 5.25" drive bay would be nice but I know those are very rare these days.

Now I know I could look at a list online, but there are just so many options for cases and coolers, I just can't figure out what to get.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

What's your budget when it comes to cases? Do you have a preferred style (boxy, sharp angles, RGB, flashy, minimalistic, side panel (tempered glass? acrylic? non windowed?) ETC?)

When it comes to your cooler, are you using the stock Wraith? Reality is, it's very competitive with some of the low-mid range air coolers on the market, things that would be competing with the Hyper 212 Evo, which is your price bracket. If there's some reason it's underpinning, it warrants a change, but if it's working as intended, I don't really see a need for a replacement, it's perfectly capable for stock speeds, and can tolerate mild overclocks.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

30 minutes ago, Semper said:

What's your budget when it comes to cases? Do you have a preferred style (boxy, sharp angles, RGB, flashy, minimalistic, side panel (tempered glass? acrylic? non windowed?) ETC?)

When it comes to your cooler, are you using the stock Wraith? Reality is, it's very competitive with some of the low-mid range air coolers on the market, things that would be competing with the Hyper 212 Evo, which is your price bracket. If there's some reason it's underpinning, it warrants a change, but if it's working as intended, I don't really see a need for a replacement, it's perfectly capable for stock speeds, and can tolerate mild overclocks.

I really don't want to spend over 55 or 60 euros for a case but if there's a very good one for 70 or so that would be OK. I like all sorts of cases, whether they be blocky and industrial looking or flashy with RGB. I would like a side panel window or tempered glass. I also want it to be pretty big, bigger than a VG4W anyway. For the cooler, yes I'm using the Wraith Spire, but I'd like something quieter and much cooler (gets up to about 75C at 3.8Ghz now), and I think an AIO like the masterliquid 240 from Cooler Master looks pretty cool and it's about 60 euros. Would you recommend a budget watercooler?

44 minutes ago, Yasin40 said:

I really don't want to spend over 55 or 60 euros for a case but if there's a very good one for 70 or so that would be OK. I like all sorts of cases, whether they be blocky and industrial looking or flashy with RGB. I would like a side panel window or tempered glass. I also want it to be pretty big, bigger than a VG4W anyway. For the cooler, yes I'm using the Wraith Spire, but I'd like something quieter and much cooler (gets up to about 75C at 3.8Ghz now), and I think an AIO like the masterliquid 240 from Cooler Master looks pretty cool and it's about 60 euros. Would you recommend a budget watercooler?

For a CPU cooler I'd recommend a hyper 212 evo black edition (or rgb if thats your preference). It's cheap, pretty quiet and looks and performs great. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/w766Mp/phanteks-eclipse-p350x-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec350ptg_dbk

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZHmxFT/fractal-design-focus-g-black-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-bk-w

Either of those cases look pretty good to me and fit your budget. I think the Phankeks case looks better but the fractal most likely has better thermals. You decide which matters more

This is what I have my build in.  I looks nice to me and all my parts stay cool.  It comes with 2 front intake fans and I added a rear exhaust.

https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-ATX-Tower-FD-CA-Focus-BK-W/dp/B071SHFRTP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fractal+design+focus+g&qid=1561037211&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Their next step up is the Meshify C which has a power supply shroud, but it think that exceeds your budget.

https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-Meshify-TG-Lt/dp/B07B3JDBM2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=MBQK94XDARYN&keywords=fractal+design+meshify+c&qid=1561037371&s=gateway&sprefix=fractal+%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-1

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 at 3.9 GHz under an Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition and rarely see more than 60C with the computer under my desk where it doesn't get as much air as I'd like.

For a case I have a Fractal Design Focus G which has 2 included LED fans, ATX support, an acrylic window, more than enough drive bays including 2 5.25" bays and basically full case length available for the GPU. I have an EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 cooler with a decent amount of space still in the case so could easily accommodate a triple fan design.

If you want tempered glass then the next step up would be the Meshify C but it doesn't have a 5.25" bay

Cooler: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Freezer-eSports-Configuration-3-Phase-Motor/dp/B075CT6S2K/ref=sr_1_1?crid=34JDS7OX52AP4&keywords=arctic+freezer+33+esports+edition&qid=1561051161&s=computers&sprefix=arctic+freezer+33+esports+e%2Ccomputers%2C139&sr=1-1-catcorr

Case: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fractal-Design-FD-CA-FOCUS-WT-W-Silent-Window/dp/B071G4KDKG/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=focus+g&qid=1561051184&s=computers&sr=1-2

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

What's too small about the VG4-W?

Are you planning to add more drives?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's too small about the VG4-W?

Are you planning to add more drives?

I want better cooling basically

On 6/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, Radioactive Snowman said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/w766Mp/phanteks-eclipse-p350x-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec350ptg_dbk

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZHmxFT/fractal-design-focus-g-black-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-bk-w

Either of those cases look pretty good to me and fit your budget. I think the Phankeks case looks better but the fractal most likely has better thermals. You decide which matters more

The Phanteks case looks awesome

thanks

A completely different question.

I have a very old PC case (from 1998) that I got from my uncle as my first PC about 10 years ago, but everything inside is dead now, because it was in the rain outside one time when we were cleaning the house.

I want to revive it and build my current PC inside of it, but I don' t know what to do about the cooling. It's the same size as the case I have now (give or take an inch of length). It only has one 80mm fan in the back and place for one in the front, but the front doesn't let much air through. Should I put an AIO in it or cut it up a little bit in the back and frontbottom to allow for bigger fans and a Hyper 212?

Will put up pictures in a few minutes

6 hours ago, Yasin40 said:

only has one 80mm fan in the back and place for one in the front, but the front doesn't let much air through. Should I put an AIO in it or cut it up a little bit in the back and frontbottom to allow for bigger fans and a Hyper 212?

Will put up pictures in a few minutes

Pictures? 

It's probably worse than the VG4-W unless you can mod it to fit more and larger fans. The VG4-W already fits 120mms and coolers up to 160mm. I'm having trouble finding documentation on the case. What other fan mounts are available besides the two included 120mms?

6 hours ago, Yasin40 said:

I want better cooling basically

A bigger case isn't necessarily better for cooling. It may fit larger coolers that are inherently better but smaller cases are usually more efficient, have less air to cycle through, and is easier to refresh with the same fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.